We are a global company employing more than 91,000 people in manufacturing and sales facilities throughout the world.
Wherever we manufacture, we apply the same exacting standards to ensure the premium quality that smokers of our brands have come to expect.
Our day-to-day operations, however, involve more than just making cigarettes; they are also about the way we do business and interact with the world outside our offices, both locally and globally.
One of our principal goals is to be a socially responsible company, at both a local and global level. In every country where our products are sold, we are guided by the same basic principles:
- We communicate about the serious health effects of smoking.
- We advocate for effective, evidenced-based tobacco regulation founded on the principle of harm reduction.
- We support the enactment and strict enforcement of laws that set a minimum age to purchase tobacco products. We also work closely with retailers and other partners to implement youth smoking prevention programs.
- We work with regulators, law enforcement agencies, and retailers to combat the illicit trade in counterfeit and contraband cigarettes.
- We have adopted policies and implemented programs to operate sustainability, including using fewer natural resources, reducing carbon emissions, recycling and producing less waste.
- We work with growers and suppliers to promote sustainable tobacco farming.
- Through our Agricultural Labor Practices (ALP) program, we work with suppliers and growers, interest groups, and governments to address the problems of child labor and other abuses in labor markets related to our supply chain.
- We contribute to improving the local communities in which we do business and source our tobacco through charitable giving, volunteer activities, and support of a wide network of non-profit organizations.