You have experience in developing new control system solutions for New Products Industrialization and you have strong technical skills in order to give support to Project Management team for process control and automation. You graduated in Engineering and you have 3-5 years of experience in Operations, preferably in a multinational environment. As subject matter expert you can support different functions in Operations applying technical knowledge, strong analytical skills and problem solving.
Ensure effective leadership and management to each assigned technology development until complete objectives fulfilment, in order to drive the entire project team to achieve project scope in the assigned timeline and cost, achieving every defined deliverable with the purpose to drive the introduction in the manufacturing environment of the technology in subject, minimizing all impacts and maximizing any possible benefit.
Stimulate the complete analysis and characterization of new high complex technology / processes for industrial filter production, in order to generate the Process Know-How that is Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology added Value.
Scout and investigate any new technology related to the role, assessing the limit and potentiality, in order to understand its usability in our processes.
Be a key contributor in any project, where a specific know-how and experience is required.
Be the reference in PMI for the area of competence in which the person is the leader, understanding 360° the full area of PMI processes.
· Develop a specialist know-how which could be organized, recorded and shared inside the organization, along any project led. Enhance knowledge thanks to a continuous learning approach and constant scouting of new technologies. Act as a subject matter expert for any project or process in which the contribution is required. Work with OTT, Process Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence in order to fix standards (that could lead manufacturing to an autonomous management of the process at highest performances and in the right quality.
· Assess any project-related risk and develops an appropriate Risk Assessment with Countermeasures Management, when a new project is required to start. Propose alternatives and solutions that could simplify or reduce cost impact of the starting request, with the purpose to enhance customer satisfaction (Markets, Product development, Cigarettes&Filter Designers).
· fDefine project plan phases, activities and intermediate milestones and preparing all required documentation, etc.). Define internal and global project capex and project expenses based on project needs, ensuring the adherence to project capital budgeting processes and the fulfillment of projects objectives, following an adequate detailed project plan respecting the assigned time, cost and resources.
· Set for each project phase an appropriate level of control milestones in order to properly track project itself and allow project KPIs management and control. Assess properly the environment (Machinery, support team, available competencies, etc.) in order to plan properly activities and avoid to face delays that impact on the projects.
· Use PMPM tools in order to properly define for each project plan the proper activities and assure a close control of all project baselines (scope, time and cost). Assure a proper information flow among all team members and their manager in order to guarantee for each project step the right level of resources available. Drive and support the project team to reach the objective throughout each phase with high level of autonomy. Contribute to optimize each project's budget to ensure the best usage of capital and expenses.
· As PL, optimize team members’ availability accordingly with the real needs and time. Assure that all shared and assigned resources are properly used in a concept of "on demand support", optimizing and synergizing wherever is possible. As Contributor/SME, guarantee the availability for any project in which his/her specific competence is required: organize properly the working schedule, monitoring constantly the workload, in order to assure high quality contribution.
· Manage the preparation/installation of the technical equipment into the manufacturing area/machine and of all related accessories & complementary. Lead the production line set-up, pre and acceptance tests, and industrial pre-tests, involving properly all the needed people. Lead the acceptance test in order to release the new process to production, according to agreed machine KPIs. Reporting the status of the project during the implementation phase and realize the qualification final report (for the site and/or PMI affiliates world-wide). Provide full support during the “hypercare” period, until Steering Committee declares the project closure.
· Preparing the project closure documentation when project objectives are met, and communicate it to the stakeholders accordingly to Company Procedures. Assure the preparation of all documentation for Capex and asset management and assure the deem tracking of initiatives even when project is already formally closed.
Education and professional desired experience
- Engineering degree (preferably Elecronic or Chemical Engineering).
- 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing, preferably in hi-tech industry.
- High expertise in new products’ industrialization and required a high level of technical knowledge skills (metrology, measures, statistical process control, automation on the machines, etc.).
- Knowledge of processes related to: R&D; Production; Engineering; Automation Technology Development; Quality Assurance.
- Strong analytical skills; problem solving approach and technical support skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to build good relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Available to travel.
- Fluency in English and Italian.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join a dynamic, international and fast-paced work environment in a constantly evolving industry and will interact with different levels of experience and expertise across the Company.
We offer a permanent contract with competitive salary commensurate to the professional experience.
WHO WE ARE
PHILIP MORRIS MANUFACTURING & TECHNOLOGY BOLOGNA SPA (previously Intertaba) is a Philip Morris International affiliate since 1963 and Centre of excellence in innovation of production process technologies for cigarette filters. Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2010, the company held an estimated 16.0% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 27.6% excluding the People's Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see http://www.pmi.com/
Job ID IT-02324