Strategy Regional Manager - NYC
Be a part of a revolutionary change!
At Philip Morris International, we have chosen to do something incredible. We are totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you will enjoy working for us as we are fostering a culture of freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Strategy function at PMI is at the forefront of enabling this change. You will be building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and be part of a team that is driving our huge business transformation.
You can make a huge impact by helping define consumer strategies, developing new capabilities, and delivering transformational projects - that enable our vision for a smoke-free future. Your strategic acumen will do more than just improving the business. You are potentially changing the lives of a billion smokers by helping them switch to an alternative to smoking.
This is a key role for our Latin America & Canada Region, and will be based in our offices in Manhattan.
Your Key Activities
• Help drive regional strategy development and alignment across functions
• Run an annual strategic planning process
• Help Markets with the development of their strategic plans (linked to Corporate and Regional Strategy) – working with market management and local strategy teams
• Own and drive key analyses that help define and enable the strategy
Project Portfolio Oversight
• Work with market teams to ensure identification of key projects that will enable the strategy; Help prioritize
• Provide content and process inputs into how the projects should be set up and run
• Be the link between PMI Corporate and the Markets
• Run the project governance at Regional level
• Develop Long-Range Plan for the region – be the link between Corporate and Markets
• Work with Market Strategy counterparts to gather competitive intelligence to define the ‘so what’ / implications
• Lead select major cross-functional projects
• Scout and share opportunities aligned with strategic corridors
• Drive business development around market expansion, new channels, partnerships
What we are looking for
• Expertise defining strategies - rooted in fast-evolving consumer, channel, competitive and regulatory context
• Very strong analytic and numerical problem-solving capability.
• Expertise in commercial (sales / go-to-market and marketing) transformations, digital, and In driving large scale cross-functional projects
• Experience in consumer goods industry is desirable, though relevant experience in other sectors is welcome
• A mix of consulting experience in leading strategy firm and corporate development/ strategy/ line leadership in major corporations.
• Ability to influence and collaborate
What we offer
Our success depends on people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you will join a company that strives to:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We will empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with global business – our staggering size and scale provide endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
This position is based in New York, you have to be legally authorized to work in the US
PMI Global Services Inc. is a subsidiary of Philip Morris International Inc.