Be a part of a revolutionary change
Our message is clear: If you don’t smoke, don’t start; If you smoke, quit; If you don’t quit, change.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, committing to stop producing cigarettes as soon as possible and offering better alternatives to adult smokers worldwide who would otherwise continue to smoke.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. At PMI you will join a company determined to change its role in society in pursuit of a better world where smokers who do not quit have the option of choosing products that are less harmful for them and others.
External Affairs is a growing team, full of new opportunities. Our transformation brings brave new messages to share with a wide range of stakeholders and we rely on talented and committed people to convey our new path – to the media, health professionals, governments and policy-makers.
We are currently looking to hire an External Affairs Coordinator to join PMI Global Services Inc. in New York to play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
You will report into the Senior Manager, External Affairs and support the team with the outreach to key stakeholders, including through planning and overseeing events. You will play a key role in developing positive long-term relationships with event stakeholders and seeking to consistently improve event execution with the objective of conveying our messages, developing new relationships and strengthening existing ones.
• Research and stay up to date current political, economic and social affairs.
• Propose trending topics for future program events.
• Identify stakeholders for potential outreach and their areas of interest
• Develop and maintain contact with working level representatives of the diplomatic community, multilateral system, business, academia, and civil society.
• Identify keynote speakers on a variety of topics
• Build and strengthen relationships with stakeholders
• Keep track of event including invitees, attendees, vendors and budget, among others.
• Coordinate event logistics, including registration, supporting materials and room setup, among others.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners on concept notes, invitation letters
• Other outreach activities aiming at developing and strengthening partnerships.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in an external affairs or diplomatic role
• Bachelor’s degree on Political Science, Law, International Relations or similar. Master’s is a plus.
• Fluent English. Other languages are a plus.
• Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, are a must.
What we offer
Our success depends people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress.
Join PMI to foster the culture where we:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with, and learn from, some of the world’s top talent and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.
PMI Global Services Inc. is a subsidiary of Philip Morris International Inc