You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a dramatic business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes. Find out more on https://www.pmiscience.com/
Are you analytical and inquisitive? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a talented Engineer with minimum 10 years’ experience in Engineering or Electronics Design of Consumer Electronic Devices. You are likely to have a background from a consumer electronics products manufacturer, a medical device manufacturer, a scientific instrument manufacturer or an automation products/services provider. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
Rise to the challenge
We are seeking a talented individual to ensure that best design industrialization practices are applied into the devices design in order to ensure optimal manufacturability is achieved (design for manufacturing, design for cost, and design for assembly).
• Manage design for manufacturing practices of new devices electronics, by contributing to early design phases, bringing the lesson learned from previous designs as well as innovative options allowing to manufacture and test products in highly efficient way.
• Liaise with external manufacturing partners, supporting device project manager and development team, to ensure best communication between internal and external teams in term of design for manufacturing and design for assembly using automation equipment. Act as technical lead for the development of assembly process and automation solutions development for new device version to be manufactured.
• Able to take technical decisions on Design for Manufacturing and Design for Automation, based inputs from internal and external teams, by balancing benefits and technical risks as well as by challenging the design teams.
• Plan/execute in-house and external design manufacturing related verification activities covering automation equipment to meet the appropriate manufacturing Quality and Design Control procedures.
• Lead execution of EVT & DVT builds for new device versions and ensure assembly process is fully qualified at the end of each phase.
• Maintain the defect tracking system and ensuring all fixed defects are properly tested and closed in a timely manner.
• Support from technical point of view changes to existing running production and related components enforcing the global PMI change management process.
• Project management of allocated deliverables (i.e. automation equipment, cost analysis, manufacturing flow… etc )
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Bachelor in Process Engineering, Mechanics or Automation
• 10 years minimum of experience in electronic devices design and manufacturing
• Experience in project management/collaboration with external development and manufacturing partners.
• Experience in functional verification and validation.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Has an open and enquiring mind with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners from other disciplines
• Creative individual, able to work independently whilst being a core team member, speak-up person
• Highly disciplined in terms of maintaining required design and verification documentation for demonstrating traceability to requirements
• Has well-developed interpersonal and communications skills essential for working in multi-functional and multi-cultural teams
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). *RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, and you would like to explore further a career path within PMI, please apply now so that we can start the conversation