RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
The Manager Regulatory & Government Affairs will be an integral senior member of the External Affairs team and is responsible for representing the Company positions and advocacies to all levels of Government as PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future.
This is a unique opportunity to:
• Be part of a world-class multinational company and the global industry leader, in a role that will present you with outstanding professional challenges, learning opportunities and career growth;
• Understand our consumer and deliver meaningful value to the business.
• Be part in an organization that promotes diversity, growth and an equal-opportunity employer.
• Be part of Equal-Salary Certified Employer.
• Stakeholders Engagement
o Stakeholder engagement across but not limited to government divisions, regulatory agencies, industry associations, consumer groups to build proactive relationship and advocacy.
o Strategize and prepare position papers, stakeholders’ messaging, direct engagement, as well as representing the Company in multi-channel approaches including events, forums and media.
o Establish partnerships with industry associations and third parties.
o Actively lead and drive the deployment of projects relating to policies and regulations while advocating the right regulatory environment for the Company.
• Regulatory Environmental Monitoring
o To monitor the political, socio-economic, technological, environmental and regulatory environment.
o Work with Director External Affairs and various stakeholders to analyze and present solutions to management.
• Regulatory Compliance
o To liaise with relevant representatives to ensure compliance and submission in-line with tobacco regulations.
o Proactively ensure and provide advisory insights on operational activities to comply with the Company policies, regulations, good governance and ethical practices.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• At least 8 years of regulatory and government affairs experience required with strong knowledge and experience on the formal and informal workings of the Malaysian political system, at all levels including stakeholders’ connections and factions.
• Proven experience in developing and executing well-informed and detailed public policy and advocacy plan.
• Demonstrates the ability to work sensitively, and effectively, within and across diverse teams.
• Demonstrates authentic ambition, sense of urgency, agility and tenacity and a genuine commitment to the key priorities of the company.
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills (both Bahasa Malaysia and English), engagement and business partnering skills.
• Holds a Degree in Law, Political Science, and Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join a global market leader with opportunities for learning. This position will enhance your experience with innovative technologies, services and processes. We offer structured individual career development programs designed to help you grow to your fullest potential, as well as a competitive salary and compensation package. You will work in a dynamic, professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world, expanding your horizons in a truly international environment.