Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to build a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S.
PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements.
PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
PMI is building a new global Software-Defined Infrastructure platform (based on VMWare and Openshift) that will offer cloud-like capabilities on-premise and, over time, will become the standard hosting platform for the company’s 4000+ servers and 8+ PB of data.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of top engineers, leveraging cutting edge technology to revolutionize the way key infrastructure services are delivered across the company. You will work as a member of the Platform Engineering team looking after our OpenShift cluster. As a member of the Platform Engineering team you will codify our infrastructure, define and deploy our monitoring and alerting stack, develop new automations and features which are going be used in a self service approach by our product deployment teams.
Collaborate with the Cloud Operations, Security and Architecture teams in establishing the best of breed operational practices
• Develop, test and implement new platform features using modern software engineering practices as part of a Scrum Team
• As member of the Platform Engineering team you will build and maintain the monitoring and alerting stack of the platform and ensure its 24/7 reliability and availability by applying modern SRE practices.
• Work closely with Cloud Operations, Infrastructure Architecture and others to drive continuous improvement of the platform.
• Work closely with Information Security, Compliance and others to ensure the platform is built and operated in accordance with strict security and quality
• Experienced in vanilla Kubernetes or OpenShift administration
• Experienced in LINUX System Administration preferably RHEL/CentOS
• Experienced in build and manage Docker images and container registry
• Experienced in managing infrastructure as code (IoC)
• Good at managing Infrastructure with Ansible Good with the Hashicorp suite (Terraform, Packer etc)
• Experience working with Prometheus, Grafana and ELK stack
• Good at managing of Container Native Storage (GlusterFS, Ceph,..)
• Experience with CI/CD in OpenShift with Jenkins
• Understand basic networking, including Firewall, Load Balancers, DNS, etc
• Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to assist DevOps engineers
• Experience with Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Experience in working in a Scrum team
• Collaborative mindset
• private medical and dental care, life insurance
• subsidized meals in company canteens
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
• employee pension plan
• multisport program
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
• free bike and car parking for all employees
Join a global market leader
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on-line in english at www.pmicareers.pl
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
*Please note that the factual job title to be proposed may differ from stated in this job posting.