Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Validation Engineer (CSV)
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Validation Engineer (CSV) you will be part of our Quality Department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Quality Engineering. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will ensure manufacturing process and Local RRP Computerized Systems are appropriately qualified and validated. In addition, you will be responsible to lead and execute validation activities identified and required.
In this position, you will also ensure the review of documentation and leading quality risk assessment as well as support change management activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute validation activities that are identified and required. Prepare all the documentation associated and ensure the execution following the plan. Ensure that all validation activities are carried out and reported in a timely manner. Ensure that all deviations during validation activities are investigated and escalated when required. Propose action plans and ensure that correctives/preventives actions are followed and closed on time. For Local RRP Computerized Systems review user, functional and technical specifications. Develop test plans, coordinate and supervise testing phases and manage issues. Review test scripts for functional testing, regression testing and load testing.
- Organize and lead the Continued Verification Assessment and the re-execution of validation protocols according to the plan and procedures. Provide reports and other documentation associated with validations, as appropriate for each validation exercise.
- Lead and coordinate change management process in the factory and ensure validated state of the manufacturing processes, methods and systems is maintained. Ensure the reporting and the update of key metrics. Perform Risk Assessment for system changes.
- Provide support and act as subject matter expert/Facilitator for the Quality Risk Assessment. Ensure the appropriate methodologies are implemented and mitigation plans defined and followed up by the relevant responsible persons as per established quality requirements.
- Provide full support by sharing expertise and knowledge to business owners and relevant stakeholders. Through effective communication and training initiatives, develop cross-functional and cross-departmental staff (in projects and validation teams) to ensure that validation projects are carried out in accordance with internal Policies and Procedures. Ensure compliance through assisting in audits. Participate in reviews in all phases of the software development cycle. Support Project and Operation teams in relation to CSV worldwide.
- Participate to the creation/update of procedures, work instructions and others Quality Documents that are required. Provide support and training by ensuring a transfer of knowledge according to the training management system. Contribute to overall CSV best practices, strategy and methodology. Recommend process upgrades and efficiency improvements and implement them.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of experience in Quality, preferably in industries like: tobacco, food, pharmaceutical or similar
• Strong communication, negotiation, ability to coach, technology & business process acumen, deal with ambiguity, managerial courage, result oriented, project management
• Experience in qualification and validation of manufacturing processes and Computerized Systems
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
Grade level from: 7 -9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).