Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
We are hiring for Big Data Engineers (across all levels of experience from junior, mid and senior) to join our Big Data Engineering team based at our offices in Krakow. The team is helping the company to gather and process data in order to drive decisions based on data. We have a cool office with amenities located 20 minutes away from Krakow Old Town.
As a Big Data Engineer at PMI you will develop data pipelines from multiple sources (Big Query, Sprinklr, AWS S3, Kafka, Databases and other) to our Hadoop infrastructure. You will also work in teams with Data Scientists to build Machine Learning prototypes.
Additionally, you will improve the current level of automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of our platform as well as do code reviews for your peers.
We work with Apache Spark in Scala and Python, GIT, Jenkins, JFROG Artifactory, Linux, Docker and Hadoop ecosystem. We are looking for people with formal training in software engineering, who is experienced in Object Oriented programing, and passionate about writing clean, testable and maintainable code.
We require you have at proven experience in object-oriented language, unit testing and versioning with GIT. Also, it is required for you to have experience with SQL queries.
Depending on your level of experience you will be required to learn Scala and Python (if not known already) as well as learn Apache Spark 2.x. Also, you will have to learn/know Jenkins for automation and Hadoop ecosystem applications such as Hive and Oozie.
- Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Handle production support issues as they arise.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Support internal PMI Data Scientist team during use cases delivery.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI
- Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge/proven experience working with
- SQL queries
- Unit Testing
- Software Engineering best practices
- Additional knowledge of python will be an asset
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.