You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes. Find out more on https://www.pmiscience.com/
Are you analytical and inquisitive? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a talent in the Electronics field. YOU will manage a team in charge of ensuring the manufacturing controls and Reduced Risk Product (RRP) realization for Electronic Devices remain aligned to the regulatory submissions and safeguard the global system performance. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
You will ensure the controls are integrated and qualified in the manufacturing lines at Critical component suppliers and EMSs. Develop processes and upgrade expertise in performing characterization of device manufacturing processes, and ensure it is aptly used during change management and continuous improvement. Also, you will supervise Failure analysis activities.
• Link with Central Team to apply the quality by design principles (process characterization, control strategy standardization, DOE execution, and lessons learnt management) to ensure products transferred from R&D during the development phase meet the Quality and Performance goals.
• Lead the failure analysis preparation and hyper care corrections to the control strategy during the initial New Product launch phases. Provide actionable insights to the Project team.
• Coordinate the ongoing routine Failure Analysis activities across third parties in Asia (EMS, central inspection centers), ensuring data are standardized and adherence to turn around times. Feed the findings to the Process Improvement team, participating to the identification of projects to address the issues.
• Supervise the qualification activities of new suppliers in close collaboration with Quality, establish monitoring program for performance of critical components to verify the effectiveness of the control strategy and improvement programs at suppliers.
• Manage the team and contribute to the development of the departmental strategies and long range plan, taking the lead in area of responsibility and expertise to establish the training and development plans for direct and indirect resources
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in supervisory or managerial roles in electronic device Engineering or Quality roles
• Proven track record in performing process characterization with full autonomy
• Extensive experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, SPC, DOE, FMEA, PDCA, DMAIC.
• Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO/TS 16949 (automotive) and ISO 13485 (medical) is a plus.
• Ability to communicate in Chinese / Mandarin is highly recommended. Fluent in English.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Good decision making ability
• Accepting of change and has an entrepreneurial mentality
• Strong communication and presence in meetings
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world's leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products ("RRPs").
• RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, and you would like to explore further a career path within PMI, please apply now so that we can start the conversation.