You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant or momentum business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes. Find out more on https://www.pmiscience.com/
Are you analytical and inquisitive? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a talent in Electronics field. YOU will manage reverse logistics process and failure analysis operations of service providers. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
You will be reporting to Manufacturing Integration Manager. Provide a central point of contact for the PMI global reverse logistics control tower ensuring the learnings are used to drive continuous improvement of the Manufacturing Control Strategy and Plans.
• Ensure the Failure Analysis activities contribute to improve the Quality by Design approach (use the lessons learnt to improve the manufacturing process control, provide insights for continuous improvement and elimination of variations)
• Responsible for the support of new products and maintenance of existing producing in the reverse logistics supply chain
• Communicate directly with project managers, design groups, regional teams and external analysis labs to identify the most suitable analysis techniques.
• Work within cross-functional teams to determine and understand the root cause of product failures.
• Decide appropriate failure analysis flows based on the failure mode information.
• Evaluate & introduce new equipment and latest techniques to the FA flow
• Write failure analysis reports that summarize the analysis carried out, conclusions drawn and relevance to the issue under investigation.
• Creating and updating documentation originating from area of expertise needed for Regulatory Submissions, under supervision of Central teams
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Degree qualified in Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience) plus relevant background in failure analysis of IC devices
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in electronic device engineering or Quality roles, with specific experience in Failure Analysis
• Proven track record in Electronic Devices Failure Analysis, comfortable operating with third parties.
• Understanding of fault isolation methods (visual inspection, emission microscopy, thermal imaging, LSM, circuit tracing – CAD layout)
• Extensive experience is specifically required in failure analysis techniques, and issue management tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, SPC, DOE, FMEA, PDCA, DMAIC.
• Ability to interpret electrical test data, ATE data logs & applications test results.
• Knowledge of failure analysis equipment (SEM, X-ray, FIB, EDX, optical microscope)
• Familiarity with physical failure analysis techniques (polishing, RIE, chemical de-processing)
• Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO/TS 16949 (automotive) and ISO13485 (medical) is a plus.
• Ability to communicate in Chinese / Mandarin is highly recommended. Fluent in English.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Good communication and technical report writing skills
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks with tight and variable time scales
• Preparation and presentation of technical papers
• Attention to details
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). *RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, and you would like to explore further a career path within PMI, please apply now so that we can start the conversation