YOU are passionate, motivated, and always curious and unafraid to pursue creative solutions. You have a keen eye for detail and you enjoy collaborating with team members to confront and solve challenges. You have a strong customer focus and have experience working with Salesforce solutions. You have strong communication skills and are good at producing comprehensive technical documentation.
In this role you will be:
• Providing technical support across the company to resolve technical support issues with ecommerce and CRM systems
• Working with customers/employees/external vendors to identify and research issues and advise on the solutions
• Maintain a repository of all support work for technical review
• Analyzing call/email logs to identify common trends and underlying problems and develop strategic long term fix
• Testing and fixing faulty equipment for ecommerce payments
• Monitoring and maintaining systems across the architecture
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in functional and/or technical design of custom technology applications (Java, C/C++)
- Hands on experience with ecommerce and CRM technologies is highly desired
- Knowledge on UML, XML and SQL
- Experience in coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging
- Programming knowledge or experience
- Software Development Lifecycle knowledge
- Web development tools like Git, Sublime, VS Code, Salesforce DX
- Knowledge of SAP to troubleshoot support issues
- Development experience with class frameworks and libraries
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company is constantly transforming and offers you a fresh prospective. Here you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members.
WHO WE ARE?
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada -an International Fortune 500 Company. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company. In addition, RBH Inc. was awarded Top Employer for 2017 & 2018. We currently employ over 700 people throughout our six corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is one of the world’s leading international tobacco company. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we used to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. PMI has a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
At RBH we are currently disrupting our industry and going through a transformation. We are looking to a new vision, one which will help all smokers lead a smoke-free future. In doing so, we are commercializing an RRP product that uses a technology whereby it heats tobacco rather than burning it.
We are really excited about our product, as we hope you will be too! We are looking for a candidate who shares a passion for our vision and is looking to build a career with an international company.
Diversity and inclusion is one of RBH's core values and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will provide accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require a disability-related accommodation at any time during the hiring process, please inform RBH of your requirements.