Director of Illicit Trade Prevention Latin America and Canada
At PMI we have a new vision, we are designing a Smoke-free Future leading a process of deep transformation that impacts not only the product portfolio but also our vision, our culture and our whole Business Model. We are transforming towards a science and technology driven company, delivering reduced risk products: the biggest shift in our history and the right one for our consumers, our shareholders and society.
We are looking for a talented Director ITP LA&C, a strategic and highly relevant role, to lead the policy and engagement strategy to achieve a strong and sustainable framework to combat illicit trade and criminal activities, mitigate threats, and enhance business opportunities whilst strengthening PMI´s control processes, reputation and credibility. He or she will identify priority issues, anticipate emerging trends, design initiatives in cooperation with affiliate, regional and headquarter senior management and stakeholders.
• ITP STRATEGY: define and implement regional strategies, in line with the global ITP strategies, identifying key stakeholders, gaps, assessing illicit trade issues and risks at a public, private and social level, developing narratives that resonate with decision makers. Turn illicit trade issues into business opportunities and anticipate threats.
• EXTERNAL AFFAIRS: lead the illicit trade-related advocacy and coalition-building strategies in the region. Develop and manage global, regional and market-based stakeholders, including law enforcement, trademark owners, academia, and other regional institutions / organizations.
• TRACKING & TRACING: lead the development of the strategic cooperation plans that effectively tackle illicit trade, and ensure governments recover revenues lost to illicit trade, through the introduction of fiscal marking and tracking & tracing technologies that are non-intrusive, cost-effective and conducted through transparent public tenders in all countries.
• COMPLIANCE: define and implement anti-diversion measures and supply chain controls.
• INVESTIGATIONS: in line with business or policy engagement priorities, lead regional investigative activities and assist affiliates with in-country investigations, in accordance with PMI´s Practices and Principles.
• INSIGHT GENERATION: Develop and utilize analytical tools to better understand the nature of illicit trade in the region, and build regional illicit trade prevention strategies and priorities from these insights.
• PROJECT LEADERSHIP: lead strategic regional projects by defining issues, establishing business cases, engaging stakeholders and managing the project teams.
• AWARENESS & EDUCATION: conduct awareness campaigns through different channels working closely with the communications function. Support affiliates with trainings of local law enforcement, development and deployment of awareness and engagement tools.
We are looking for a senior professional with a cross cultural and cross functional background with meaningful experience in highly regulated or industries, complemented with knowledge of the public sector or experience within international organizations as a plus.
10 to 15 years of regional Latin America experience in business management, with a proven track record in regulatory engagement strategies and/or government affairs; experience in large, complex and matrix-structured corporations, particularly in the areas of anti-illicit trade, brand protection and intellectual property. Experience or expertise in external communications and media relations are also an asset.
Successful in managing teams, with proven leadership and comfort in leading remote, intercultural teams and fostering cross-functional collaboration.
Political savviness, achievement-driven and ability to solve complex issues in ambiguous environments, with creativity, strategic thinking and entrepreneurship.
A solid understanding of operations structure and processes, strong business accumen, collaborative approach, creativity and strategic thinking.
Fluency in English and Spanish.
This position can be based in the US (US work permit is required) or in other countries within Latin America.
If you are looking to innovate and lead a historic transformation process; if you believe we could make a great match, we´d love to hear from you.
Join a Global Market Leader
Philip Morris International (PMI) is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of more than 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe. We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com