Are you a forward thinking individual, disruptive innovator, always providing an outstanding experience to your customers? Do you want to make a difference and create something new? If the answer is yes, then we want to hear from you.
Our Company is going through an unprecedented transformation, impacting our culture and products as we move towards a Smoke-Free Future driven by science and technology.
Our Company transformation includes the digitalization of our business processes and incorporating new ways of working.
To help us transform, we are looking for an experienced Digital Architect to join our team as the B2B Digital Architect.
Your challenge will be to enable the company vision, strategies, and tactics through innovative technology solutions while always providing a best in class experience to our external and internal customers.
As the Digital Architect, you will work with an agile scrum-based cross-functional product team. Your responsibilities will include building and maintaining the product strategic technology roadmap, providing architectural direction on key business initiatives, optimizing the current solution landscape, and coaching technical specialists within the team.
You will also be responsible to promote and introduce innovative practices and tools within the team such as DevOps, APIs, Microservices, and emerging technologies.
You have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or extensive practical experience. You have 10 - 15 years of experience as an Architect or as a Senior Developer with a solid understanding of modern technologies including event-based architecture, cloud-based deployments, API first applications and web technologies.
Previous work within a digital Business-to-Business and a CPG wholesale retail/chain environment is a definite asset.
WHO YOU ARE
• You are Tech-Savvy; you are self-driven to keep learning the latest digital architecture developments and techniques and promote new technology trends within the team.
• You are a DevOps/Lean champion; you continuously promote practices to increase throughput and stability. You promote smart/clean architecture and software development practices.
• You are a Disruptive Innovator; you are a creative problem-solver able to identify a business problem, incubate an idea, and through experimentation and learning find opportunities to improve customer experience, simplify how we do business, and reduce cost.
• You are Customer-Focused; you are able to work hands-on as well as strategically to provide the best solutions to customers. You have an agile mindset, think digital first, and believe all customer experiences should be simple and effective.
• You are a Team Player and Technology Advisor; you are able to build strong relationships within the product team, internal technical specialists, and our business partners. You are able to give advice and lead through influence and mentoring. You are a gatekeeper for quality and are able to share a guiding vision at all levels within the organization.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR THE JOB
• Solid experience as a Digital Architect / Sr. Developer in an Agile/DevOps environment with a solid understanding of modern technologies and architectures including networking, infrastructure and database architectures.
• Strong hands on experience with software development (Angular JS, React, Node JS, C#, .NET), tools and methodologies; cloud-based deployments, API first applications, Microservices, CI/CD, Devops practices, designing and implementing distributed applications.
• Experience working in a large multinational organization with central and local technology teams, and strict compliance and control requirements.
• Strong leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Experience working with a complex integrated product ecosystem, including ERP, CRM, E-Commerce connected environments.
Nice to haves:
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Previous experience in a B2B/Retail digital environment.
• Prior exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company is constantly transforming and offers you a fresh prospective. Here you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members.
WHO WE ARE
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. an International Fortune 500 Company, Philip Morris International’s affiliate in Canada. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company, manufacturing and selling cigarettes and fine-cut tobacco as well as distributing pipe tobacco and cigar products. In addition RBH was awarded Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2016, 2017, and 2018. We currently employ over 780 people throughout our 6 corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we used to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. PMI has a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.
Diversity and inclusion is one of RBH's core values and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will provide accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require a disability-related accommodation at any time during the hiring process, please inform RBH of your requirements
For further information visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com