Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S.
PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company
For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Solution Architect in the Global IT Solution Architecture team. You will be part of Global IT Solution Delivery and Management organization taking care of all PMI’s global software solutions. This is an opportunity to solve difficult business problems using modern technology and innovating the future of business at PMI.
Do you have an ability to make the right bets while meeting business innovation needs with Speed & Agility? If you are looking for space to innovate and experiment as well as apply the newest technology solutions on an enterprise level, join us in our Transformation journey.
• Lead business requirements discussions with internal customers to implement best in class solutions delivering value to the business.
• Lead small team of Solution Architects responsible for Supply Chain solutions as well as mobile, cloud and integration technologies.
• Develop capabilities of the team to meet evolving business and technology requirements.
• Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.
• Provide business and technology or process knowledge/experience to advice on appropriate technology options suited for the business capability to be delivered.
• Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on technology investment
• Interacting with mid to senior level executives displaying knowledge, experience, and leading practice advice to identified issues
• try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations.
• Effectively manage the balance between business stakeholders requirements on hand and long-term strategy
• Drive continuous process improvement and innovation
Skills & experience:
• Experience in design and implementation of IT solutions utilizing modern software architectures (microservices, DevOps, infrastructure as a code, messaging integration etc).
• Experience on at least four projects as Solution Architect and global implementations of Supply Chain solutions.
• At least 1-2 years of experience in leading small team of Solution Architects or Software Engineers
• Hands-on experience with on-premise and cloud solutions configuration and implementation
• Excellent communication skills. The position requires collaboration with enterprise architects, business analysts, and project teams. You should be able to listen, advise, empathize, and explain.
• Strategic planning and business value creation experience.
• Experience working in an ideation, experimentation approach to innovation.
• Understanding of key processes in technology delivery.
• Previous exposure to an international environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• You should be a self-starter and be able to drive end to end process and solution leadership.
• private medical and dental care, life insurance
• subsidized meals in company canteens
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
• employee pension plan
• multisport program
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
• free bike and car parking for all employees
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer