Legal Counsel, Product and Process Quality Compliance
Play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of Phillip Morris International. We are committed to an impactful and dramatic change replacing cigarettes with cutting edge smoke-free products.
Our External Affairs team is growing to accommodate this exciting transformation and we are currently looking to hire Legal Counsel, Product and Process Quality Compliance for our RnD Facility in Neuchâtel, Switzerland at Philip Morris Products SA Manufacturing.
The overall purpose of the position will be to provide high quality legal counselling and advice to Philip Morris International Research and Development (RnD), with a particular emphasis and focus on product and process quality compliance.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel Science and Innovation, responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for counseling on laws, regulations, and guidance documents with respect to regulatory inspectional issues, GxP, data integrity, quality systems regulations requirements, compliance and enforcement matters, import and export issues;
• Counsel on regulatory aspects of product design and development, systems validation, equipment qualification, manufacturing processes;
• Manage product quality and safety issues, product corrective and preventive actions, product field actions and consumer complaints;
• Provide legal advice on manufacturers and distributors registration, routine or special agency inspections, internal audits and related documentation, establishment and maintenance of compliance programs;
• Draft key Quality Management Systems documents and develop related training;
• Help direct outside counsels in defining projects objectives and manage projects to ensure the work, strategy and costs meet PMI’s expectations.
• Be a Bar-qualified lawyer in any recognized international legal jurisdiction;
• Possess relevant post-qualification experience (PQE);
• Have proven expertise in providing legal counsel on quality and regulatory matters with a major corporation or law firm; prior government experience is also beneficial;
• Have experience in handling quality, safety and regulatory inspectional matters;
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships across the business through educating and raising awareness of increasingly critical product and process compliance aspects;
• Have ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and exercise sound commercial and legal judgment;
• Have highly-developed analytical and negotiation skills;
• Possess high levels of commercial and business acumen;
• Fluent written and spoken English.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI.com and PMIScience.com websites.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.