Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of Manufacturing department for Philip International Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will be reporting to the Business Unit Manager. The position will be based in Crespellano, BO.
A key responsibility will be ensure that processes and machinery standards are sustainable, correctly defined and properly documented.
You will also identify missing links in the process and address the gaps interacting with the appropriate figures in the manufacturing organization to ensure the solution is addressed.
Finally, the Manufacturing Engineer will work together with the technical staff within the area in order to fill the identified skills gap and develop the adequate technical expertise.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and apply product concepts, process enhancements, technical alternatives, designs, standards, test plans and assessment protocols under supervision.
• Collect data and make calculations under supervision by applying standard analytical techniques to ensure system improvements / standards / compliance Level 2: Apply scientific and engineering principles and techniques to analyze technologies, processes and products to ensure system improvements / standards / compliance.
• Assist in testing, assessment and implementation of product concepts, modified systems using formal protocols. Participate in the preparation of schedules & estimates and maintain plans, timetables and resource requirements to ensure all activities meet the overall plan and standards.
• Produce and review documentation that describes a new product or process for manufacturing, legal or compliance purposes.
• Coordinate activities/tasks of technicians or less experienced professionals and contractors.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Engineering / Science Degree or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience.
• 3-5 years relevant operations experience.
• 1-3 years in manufacturing with a technical role (Process Expert, Senior Process technical trainer, Maintenance Specialist/Technicians, Development Technician); 4- 5 years’ experience as above; additional exposure to Quality Department in roles such as Quality Engineer/MQA or Project engineer.
• Proficient in Italian and fluent in English.
Grade level from: 7-8
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).