PMI is building a smoke-free future. This is your chance to be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
The transformation touches every part of our business. Our products. The relationships we have with our customers. The partnerships we build. The messages we communicate. The technology we employ. And, every step of the way, Digital has a key part to play, making this an ideal time to join us.
You’ll be part of our Audience Management and Targeting team at our international Operations Centre in the beautiful lakeside city of Lausanne, Switzerland.
As we accelerate our digital journey, the team’s mission is to deeply understand our prospects and consumers' needs and fulfill them better than anyone else.
This team will be acting as the cohesive force that underpins PMI digital department’s consumer-centric, data-driven strategy. You'll be working together with a mix of talents in data, analytics, science, technology, marketing and media.
You’ll constantly look for effectiveness, efficiencies and big wins: What can we do better? Where can we scale?
You’ll gather audience insights from quantitative and qualitative data and work with data scientists to implement targeting solutions globally across multiple verticals.
Bring us your curiosity and expertise and you can become a true pioneer, taking pride in helping to make the future a better place for millions of smokers. It will be a seismic shift for society and a great addition to your CV.
You will be responsible of:
• Developing targeting and retargeting strategies with the team and deliver audience insights based on qualitative and quantitative data;
• Developing churn, win back, and other analytical models and consequently provide insights and hands-on recommendations for online marketing campaigns from those models;
• Gathering key audience learnings from markets;
• Working with other data scientists to design and deploy targeting solutions using advanced statistical techniques;
• Identifying available data sources to pull existing audience insights and work with other functions to develop methods to gain new insights;
• Manipulating large volume raw data to produce structured data sets for analysis;
• Helping with building and maintaining data pipelines for large scale structured and unstructured consumer data;
• Working as a liaison between business and technical teams to automate manual processes and optimize data delivery for greater scalability;
• Partnering with technical and non-technical resources across the business to promote the efficient execution of projects.
• Proficient with R or Python. Experience with Spark and Hadoop a plus;
• Strong understanding of machine learning techniques including classification algorithms, clustering, experimental design, etc. and their application in solving business problems;
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases, as well as knowledge of other types of databases;
• Understanding of building and maintaining a big data pipeline, architecture and manipulate large scale dataset for analysis;
• Experience with natural language processing a plus;
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making;
• Work experience in either Marketing or Consumer Value Management;
• Self-starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new tools and technologies;
• Very strong ability to present technical projects to business stakeholders;
• Ability to manage in an environment of uncertainty, ambiguity and complexity with diverse stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree in data science, machine learning, statistics or related discipline;
What we offer:
There are more than 77,000 men and women at PMI, building fulfilling careers. Here are some of the reasons they’ve joined – and stayed with us:
• We’re a global business with huge scope to build a career and broaden your horizons; our people make 1000+ cross-functional moves every year.
• Our people work with ambition, agility and innovative technology, to embrace change and collaborate on challenging projects.
• We’ve been recognized as a Global Top Employer for three years running now and won awards for workplace transparency, and sustainability.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.