Purpose of the Position:
Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programs.
Reporting to Director Digital, Head of Digital Activation is responsible for the management and output of the Digital Activation department, a part of the Digital function in Philip Morris Japan. Acting as Digital Business partners to the rest of PMJ, responsible for planning and ensuring the successful delivery of Digital activities for our audiences. Create digital experiences that drive actions (acquisition, retention, advocacy, referral, etc). Partner with other Digital departments (Advertising, Experience and Loyalty) and IT departments (Product Management, Solutions Delivery, Platform Operation) , in collaboration with all business functions - plan, design and ensure the delivery of innovative, impactful and successful digital communications initiatives and engagement programs across POE. Deliver our Smoke Free Future, Reduced Risk Products, Conventional Products (where appropriate), Corporate positioning and Employer Brand. Leading the creation of consumer insight generated by digital media, and digital content strategy to ensure a connected and unified Digital experience across all touchpoints. This includes: Paid Media (Display, Social, Video, Mobile, Search, DOOH, amplification), Owned media (websites / mobile / apps / eCommerce / SEO / Digital Shopper Marketing / Digital Owned Social accounts), Earned Media (Advocacy / RM / Listening / Community Management). Inspire and support innovation across our Digital Media activities, with relevant help from our Digital Agency Partners. Deliver cross channel insight and optimization recommendations across all digital media. Manage a team of Digital Business Partners that will support innovation, and maximize the digital strategy capabilities of the company.
- Responsible for business interface and defining, in partnership with the other Digital Department heads, the overall intention and plan for our digital programmes, projects and capabilities, delivered through Digital POE media. Drive execution of these programs within digital channels which include but are not limited to: > digital paid (advertising) media - display, social, search, mobile, video, innovation), digital influencers, DOOH, digital paid performance, data and optimization; > digital owned (experience) media - web, mobile, ecommerce, SEO, owned social, digital shopper and digital out of home, destination traffic / performance optimization and analytics; > digital earned (loyalty) media - RM, social advocacy, listening, community management, optimization and reporting. Be a catalyst to deliver our digital objectives across each PMI audience - consumers, retailers, corporate affairs, talent and internal.
- As an integrated digital business leader and digital subject matter expert, lead tactical activities that deliver the business strategy and commercial objectives across all digital media. Present critical and tactical thinking to deliver the business' Digital Strategy, and commercial objectives across Digital landscape. Deliver audience understanding of and engagement to our Reduced Risk Product category, Smoke Free Future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement including conventional products, as well as understanding of PMI as an organization and employer.
- Drive activation of our consumers and other audiences through the effective and innovative delivery of experiences via POE digital media, including Digital Experience Design, Digital Content Strategy and Consumer Insight, for both branded and unbranded campaigns. As an experienced digital media subject matter expert, deliver Digital POE Media expertise to the business, and inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators. Engage with digital partners and suppliers to support our goals.
- Manage and mentor all members of the Digital Activation department, to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, programs and commercial objectives. Ensure the team have, and inspire them to create, the space to deliver the most effective output and results. Work closely with teams throughout PML to ensure good work/practice is put in place, highlighted and shared.
- Collaborate with the Digital Team and other Global functions for local deployment of all global digital POE assets, and sharing of PMJ's digital needs and locally envisaged campaigns and assets to global teams for alignment. Work with all functions to ensure sharing of digital media learnings, consumer insights, to both report on and inform optimization for digital media campaigns.
- Embed new ways of working in partnership with other functions to ensure all new programs and projects follow a structured methodology. Purpose being to effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization.
- Deliver always on enhancement and optimization, as well as whole new programs of new capabilities, across all our digital media. Working in partnership with all functions to ensure a combination of design, content and functionality, aligned to and reflective of our brand, commercial and digital objectives.
- A proven background managing digital programs and platforms in digital channels gained within an agency or client side.
- Previously managed a digital department of at least 10 digital specialists. Managed and been responsible for at least 5 digital relationships with values of over $1m each, for global corporate clients, delivering at least 50% Digital.
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital transformation, digital innovation and digital delivery.
- Understanding of the importance of Digital Project Management, Digital Account Management, Digital Strategy, Digital Media Planning & Buying, Digital Creative, Technology, Digital Insight, Business Analysis and User Experience Architecture.
- A strategic and implementation knowledge of digital paid, owned and earned media channels.