Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of conventional cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of July/August 2019? Then apply now, we need you!
Intern Audience Analyst
You have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Data Science, Statistics, Business Analytics or related area
• Knowledge/experience in Data engineering, large scale data analysis and machine learning projects
• Knowing R, Python, SQL or other analytical language and tools
• Very strong analytical and quantitative mindset with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
• Social Media platform analytics and knowledge of text mining a plus
• Previous experience/passion for consumer or market research would be amazing
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
If you are detail oriented, self-starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new tools and technologies, you are the one we need to join our Audience Management and Targeting team in Philip Morris International. This team is acting as the cohesive force that underpins PMI digital department’s consumer-centric, data-driven strategy. You'll be working together with a mix of talents in data, analytics, science, technology, marketing and media.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Participate in a consumer targeting project from end to end
• Understand our proprietary audience solutions and native audience targeting capabilities platforms offer
• Work as a liaison between business and technical teams to automate manual processes and optimize data delivery for greater scalability;
• Work with data scientists and analysts to design and deploy targeting solutions using advanced statistical techniques;
• Manipulate large volume raw data to produce structured data sets for analysis;
• Partner with technical and non-technical resources across the business to promote the efficient execution of projects.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.