Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Are you looking for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of July/August 2019? Then apply now! We want you on board!
Intern: Internal Controls
• Currently studying for a Bachelor or a Master degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related area with strong interest/ability in these fields
• Experience in data processing and analysis
• Knowledgeable about internal and/or external audit process
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs (Excel)
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent in English, French is a strong asset
If you are also flexible, comfortable in an international environment, curious, proactive, enthusiastic and reliable, you like team work and creativity, you are the one we want for our Internal Controls team (in Philip Morris International Management S.A.) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Assist other team members in the documentation of control environment and preparation of risk registers during reviews and projects
• Support Internal Controls teams around the world with PMI Principles & Practices
• Support the collection of information or extraction of data to document controls and test their operating effectiveness
• Extract and compile data to track progress of US-GAAP audits, support the preparation of relevant reports
• Verify quality and consistency of records used to track time spent on activities and report them in Internal Controls' repository.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.