Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Are you looking for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of August/September 2019? Then apply now, we need you:
Intern Innovation for Operations
• Currently studying for a Master degree in engineering, economics or related area
• Background/strong interest in communication
• Autonomous, motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and rigorous.
• Able to interact regularly with large groups of cross-functional players
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
If you like collaboration and creativity, you are the one we want for this position. You will be working alongside our Innovation and Knowledge Management team (in Philip Morris International Management S.A.) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As an Innovation & Knowledge management intern, you will:
• Support business analysis in developing and maintaining Content and Knowledge Management strategies & roadmaps
• Research industry best practices and emerging trends and identification/proposal of solutions for Operations
• Participate and support the conduct of strategic workshops with cross functional teams
• Lead and drive requirements gathering, assessment and scoping of solution options to propose the right technology fitting the need
• Drive Proof of Concept with selected departments.
You will also play a key role in supporting a common understanding of the Operations organization’s purpose, goals and achievements by delivering high-value communication supported by relevant information sources and effective tools.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.