We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company.
We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
As PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future, it views communications as strategically critical to building on the company’s established success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global media landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other publicity and marketing groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.
As a result, the Global Communications department is also rapidly transforming itself. This includes moving to a real-time response system focused on all of our customers and their needs; embracing an omnichannel world where news can be created by anyone, anywhere, anytime; respecting policies of governments while working hard to promote our better-for-you programs around IQOS and heated tobacco products; and doing our best to build sustainable business practices consistent with 21st-century values.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Manager Executive Communications to handle all external media engagement for PMI’s global executives. This role will be based in Lausanne at Philip Morris Products SA.
- Oversee executive communications activities specific to external communications (media interviews, message development and themes, speaking opportunities, etc.)
- Support strategic planning and activation around executive communications, strengthening the presence and voice of our company through executive profiles across (but not limited to): Media relations, speaking opportunities, owned channels
- Ensure message alignment across corporate brand and executive brands
- Maintain and/or develop owned platforms for select executives to support their personal profiles online (ie. LinkedIn pages/blogs, Facebook and Twitter channels, etc.)
- Work closely with executive assistants to manage schedules and plan proactive media opportunities
- Ensure the tracking of all executive interactions with the press and the media; maintain an earned media tracker and reporting tool
- Ongoing and consistent coordination and reporting with internal partners
- Manage external agency to ensure delivery of critical metrics
- Education in communications, journalism or related marketing field
- Experience working with C-suite executives in a multinational company or within an large agency
- Solid experience with media relations, experience with crisis/issues management a plus
- Strong at building relationships across the organization and outside as well
- Experience working in/with multiple countries, at ease with cultural diversity
- English spoken and written at a mastery level, any other languages considered a plus
WHY WORK FOR US?
HERE ARE THREE REASONS TO WORK FOR PMI:
1. We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3. We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world. We are the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women.
PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL: BUILDING A SMOKE-FREE FUTURE
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.