Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is PMI’s step forward to creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy.
We are looking for a Manager Online Marketplaces to join our team here in Lausanne, Switzerland.
We are at the forefront of a revolution in the Tobacco industry, IQOS and our Reduced Risk Products change everything. E-commerce (online sales) plays an important role in the commercialization of our RRPs as in many RRP launch markets, we sell IQOS device and tobacco sticks online. The launch of partnerships with Online marketplaces and the continuous improvement of the partner’s performance will further increase the importance of the E-commerce channel and this role represents an entrepreneurial opportunity to define the business strategies to globally grow the (R)etailers.com partnerships in a profitable manner.
• Lead the global strategy for driving optimal growth via global & local online marketplaces and (R)etailers.com partners
• Explore, identify, negotiate and launch new global, regional and local partnerships with online marketplaces
• Assess & implement new commercial / online sales opportunities with external partners to maximise e-commerce revenue growth & profitability
• Develop strong toolbox and framework of best practices to be able to industrialize past experiences and predict future performance
• Experience in E-commerce Sales
• A working understanding of e-commerce operations
• Solid experience in business development and project management in E-Commerce organizations
• Experience in E-Commerce organizations for manufacturers is a plus
• Entrepreneurship, creative thinking and strong communication skills
• Leadership and collaboration with ability to drive indirect teams
• Microsoft Office skills
• Fluent in English
• EU Citizenship or valid Work Permit only.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.