Philip Morris Korea Inc. is currently seeking talented, business-savvy professionals to join its Taxation team, based in Seoul, Korea. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class multinational company and an industry leader in Korea in a role that will present you with outstanding professional challenges, diverse learning opportunities and career growth.
As part of dynamic Taxation team, you will contribute to ensuring compliance of all tax laws and regulations which affect the company. You will mitigate tax risks of the company and advise tax saving opportunities based on local and international regulations, and also provide tax consulting and training to relevant functions. You will also lead the process of tax audits, and interact with tax authorities to address challenges with the support of both internal and external advisors.
• Proactively find tax control areas and provide tax consulting to the business in an accurate and timely manner based on information of other functions and departments
• Identify tax saving opportunities and improvable areas from a tax compliance perspective in line with new tax laws or regulation, business structure, activity change, and etc.; propose tax saving ideas to business to obtain best benefit from available tax incentive programs in line with tax compliance
• Identify tax risk areas and conduct trainings to related functions and employees to increase awareness; develop and implement principles and practices to address identified risk areas and internal requirements in close cooperation with relevant functions
• Deeply understand the impact of prepared, submitted information and develop counter-arguments with supporting evidential documents against auditors' challenges and arguments during audits and appeal processes; actively engage with tax authorities in addressing tax challenges to best defend tax position of company
• Conduct Transfer Pricing (TP) study and documentation; address any TP issues for both local and international tax to address most challenged areas by tax authority to multi-national companies.
• Lead or contribute to ad hoc special project teams; inform Tax manager, related functions and global tax team on the potential issues regarding tax environment, and proactively initiate the preparation to reduce tax risk
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Tax, Business Management, Accounting, or related fields
• 6 to 10 years of experience in accounting and tax advisory firms
• Strong experience in Corporate Income Tax, Local Tax, Excise Tax or VAT, and Inter-company Pricing
• Certified (Chartered) Accountant, Certified (Chartered) Tax or equivalent is preferred
• Proficient in written and spoken English and Korean
• Click ‘Apply Now’ button and ‘Upload a File’ for new applicants
• Upload your English Resume either in Word or PDF format (merge your files into one file named as your English name, i.e., CV_Gildong Hong)
• Fill in basic information such as employment and education
• Create password and submit application
BENEFITS & TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Contract Type : Permanent
• Pension and Insurance : Retirement pension, National pension, Medical Insurance, Unemployment insurance, Occupational health and safety insurance
• Medical check-up : Support the a comprehensive medical testing for employee and only one of employee’s family member
• Benefits : Group life and accident insurance, Flexible Benefit, Flexible working hour (half-day Fridays)
• Work location : Philip Morris Korea, 10, Gukjegeumyung-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea