We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Our company is changing dramatically. Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company. You can be part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to a bold new vision.
Philip Morris Duty Free (PMIDF) is one of PMI’s top affiliates with a complex and dynamic tobacco Duty Free environment. With a global footprint, we operate in over 150 countries at more than 2,000 points of sale. We are part of an ever growing global duty free market, catering to adult smokers travelling worldwide.
We have an opportunity for a Manager – Strategy & Business Development to join Philip Morris Duty Free based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Reporting directly to our Director – Strategy, Business Planning & Project Management Office, you will have the unique opportunity to take part in driving the company’s vision of a smoke free future. This is a – Global business, operating in a complex, dynamic tobacco Duty Free environment. You will join en extremely entreprenarial area of Philip Morris, shape the role in the way you want it to be, with full visibility and full support from PMIDF top management.
- Develop PMIDF business strategy, taking into account PMI Corporate priorities, DF commercial & operational principles, as well as the different trade channels dynamics.
- Ensure continuous & high quality inputs into corporate strategic cycles and business reviews.
- Own/drive business development activities together with BUs and PMI HQ.
- In light of RRP transformation, support DF Management Team in refining commercialization strategies (Go-to-market, trade terms, retail model, pricing, consumer marketing, organization etc…).
- Partner with Commercial & Finance functions as well as with Regional BUs to define, develop and monitor the portfolio of initiatives able to achieve/exceed the affiliate’s yearly growth objectives.
- Identify drivers, issues and opportunities, and provide various quality analysis and insights to support management’s operational and strategic decisions.
- Work on large scale intra-affiliate transformative projects with high value creation impact.
Ideally you will have:
- University Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Sciences.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in a top-tier strategic Consulting firm.
- Strong Industry knowledge in Consumer Goods & Services, Retail, Travel or technology preferred.
- Strong business acumen and cross-functional experience.
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills, balanced with emotional intelligence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Passionate self-starter aiming at delivering positive impact.
- Proven expertise in handling multiple projects and priorities.
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.