We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Our company is changing dramatically. Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company. You can be part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to a bold new vision.
Philip Morris Duty Free (PMIDF) is one of PMI’s top affiliates with a complex and dynamic tobacco Duty Free environment. With a global footprint, we operate in over 150 countries at more than 2,000 points of sale. We are part of an ever growing global duty free market, catering to adult smokers travelling worldwide.
We have an opportunity for a Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics to join Philip Morris Duty Free based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Reporting directly to our Director – Strategy, Business Planning & Project Management Office, you will have the unique opportunity to take part in driving the company’s vision of a smoke free future. This is a – Global business, operating in a complex, dynamic tobacco Duty Free environment.
- Business Intelligence: Help management team and other business users to make more informed business decisions by facilitating access to reliable and up-to-date information in a timely and user friendly way and by turning raw data into actionable information through smarter reporting, presentations and recommendations.
- Data analytics: Define the advanced analytics strategy, including data sourcing & collection, identification of analytics opportunities and the translation of business ideas and needs into clear use-cases and solutions. Act as the “data science business translator” when collaborating with PMI and third party data scientists / consultants and technical teams on big data and related advanced modelling tools.
- Business Planning and Reporting: Monitor market developments, follow-up on issues raised during monthly management reviews, support strategic process, coordinate, monitor and report data points actuals and forecasts.
- Change Management: Promote best practices across the organization including automated and standardized analyses and reporting tools. Streamline and improve processes. Identify, evaluate and manage developments of new business solutions and routines.
- Project Management: Manage and support cross-functional projects in areas of data (quant), consumer and industry insights (qual) and analysis.
- Interaction with external market research providers: Manage gathering and research of data on micro/macro-economics, politics, travel segments and competitive environments, and advise senior management on trends and business opportunities to be leveraged.
Ideally you will have:
- University degree in quantitative fields: pure/applied sciences, Engineering, Computer sciences, Finance or equivalent.
- Strong 360 business acumen & cross-functional experience in multinational environment.
- Industry knowledge in Consumer Goods & Services, Retail, Travel or technology preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, being at ease with complex analyses.
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points.
- Prior exposure to big data and understanding of programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Python, etc…).
- Solid understanding of information systems, data management and reporting solutions, knowledge of Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Fast learner, self-starter and strategic thinker with strong drive for results.
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.