Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Laboratory Technician – Biology
With the following requirements:
• CFC or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of biology.
• Technical know-how and functional skills in the fields and in vitro toxicology and biology
• Experienced with MS Office tools and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
• Previous team-working working experience in an accredited or certified in vitro biology laboratories (ISO and GLP) is an asset
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• English level B2 is required
• French is an asset
If you are also experienced working to deadlines, and working in a team, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Bio Analytics team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for the well-defined scientific/technical methods and work procedures to perform routine biological in vitro analyses and technical activities of limited scope and complexity. Furthermore, you will have to apply problem-solving techniques and support and maintain biological test systems and test facility infrastructure within your area of activities.
• Perform independently routine in vitro biological assays, relying on the use of experimental methods to provide robust & accurate data for analysis
• Generate and accurately record data, observations and conclusions from routine biological in vitro tests and analyses. You may be requested to conduct some basic data processing tasks as well.
• Ensure the execution of your requested duties in accordance to GLP and ISO 17025 regulations and the respective PMI procedures while contributing to the maintenance of the quality system within the Bioanalytical Labs
• Support the validation of instruments to the necessary AGIT and OECD standards
• Operate complex pieces of instrumentation following written procedures.
• Identify any potential deviation and take corrective measures including the appropriate reporting of such actions
• Support the development of in vitro biological assays including developing the necessary documentation such as work instructions and forms
Why work for us?
1) We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3) We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.