Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio. These products is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies. The Unsmoke project is one
We are a small group of employees across different functions who started an employee movement around Unsmoke. We started this because it feels just right to us. We are employees of PMI. We want to do more than just the things we are working on. We believe that the unsmoke movement should start with us – the people of PMI. We want to create a grass root, peer to peer movement initiated by the employees wanting to do something about who/what they care about. It’s about the people behind unsmoke - real people with real stories, making a real change.
In a nutshell, the core message of Unsmoke is:
If you don’t smoke, don’t start.
If you smoke, quit.
If you don't quit, change to better alternatives.
Do you care enough to share your story? Because we think it is important to talk, to share, to act. All in the service of making a difference. Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of June/July 2019? Then apply now! We are looking for you!
Intern Events Coordinator (Unsmoke Employee Movement)
You will join our Global Communications Department and will work with the core team who started an employee movement within Philip Morris International. Within the core team, you will ensure coordination within the volunteers and the core team. Your role will be key in making sure that the movement is growing internally and externally.
You should have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Economics or related area;
• You possess well developed communication skills and the resilience to cope with challenges;
• You are dynamic and results-oriented;
• You have sense of initiatives and ability to work independently;
• You are an energetic, committed and passionate individual who is an excellent problem solver;
• Good team player and creative problem solving solutions are some of your strengths;
• Ability to quickly connect social and drive projects;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Participate from end to end in the employee movement;
• Connect with people internally and externally to drive projects;
• Propose new ideas for the project and implement them;
• Be an ambassador of this movement;
• Manage communications tools such as social media page, shared mail box, Newsletter…
• Manage logistics of key events in Switzerland or potentially abroad (Festivals, Actions…).
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.