Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Are you looking for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of July 2019? Then apply now, we need you:
Intern Lipidomics / Proteomics at PMI R&D
You should have the following skills/experience:
- Currently studying for your master degree in Life science, biology or relevant area
- Knowledge in performance of standard lab procedures
- Knowledge in operation of Q-Exactive and Shimadzu mass-spectrometers
- Experience with sample preparation automation (Tecan robots)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
The position is within the Proteomics and Lipidomics Team in the Biomedical Department to work on in vitro, in vivo and clinical sample on extraction, processing and analysis of lipids and proteins using mass spectrometry techniques.
- Perform lipid and protein extraction from cells, tissues and biological matrices (liquid-liquid extraction, SPE purification).
- Run common laboratory instruments (centrifuges, pipettes, etc.).
- Track activities performed in the lab (paper forms, LIMS, chemical registration).
- Run Q-Exactive and Shimadzu triple quadrupole instruments.
- Contribute to the creation of results files.
- Presentation of results in lab meetings
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.