You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager.You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Develop and lead the assigned categories/commodities on sourcing strategies and global supplier network capabilities to achieve key business goals: Time to Market, Cost, Lead Time Reduction, Supply Flexibility and Business continuity.
• Responsible for total category ownership, including supplier relationship management, cost management, supply, suppliers capacity, negotiation and alternative suppliers sourcing.
• Manage and optimize spend with external suppliers, generating Procurement value-add (savings and cost-avoidance).
• Establish price forecasts for Overall Budget and Rolling Forecast budget cycles to enable affiliate and finance to perform Standard Variable Costs calculations.
• Formulate negotiation strategy to proactively drive cost reduction with suppliers to meet strategic, operational and financial performance targets
• Manage vendor relations by evaluating vendors’ performance, analyzing financial and non-financial procurement reports and following up throughout continuous improvement plans.
• Develop strong partnerships with strategic third parties and secure adequate supply sources. Assess supply base readiness (capabilities and capacity) for new product introduction.
• Develop the team leadership skills to grow within PMI organization
• Lead and develop team members to ensure readiness to handle current and future challenges.
• In conjunction with the Law department, participate in the development of appropriate contract structures, specifically with regards to creation and retention of intellectual property rights. Negotiate and implement appropriate contractual agreements with legal support.
• Ensure adequate business controls are in place surrounding sourcing, contracts, spending, and supplier management. Drive best practices and transformation activities to ensure continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• BS in Engineering Electronics, Mechanical or Business Administration
• MBA or Master degree preferred
• Procurement certification preferred
• Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred (green or black belt)
• Fluency in English is required and Chinese is preferred
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Category Management in the Electronics Industry and working with contract manufacturers.
• Demonstrated experience in project management and in establishing robust partnerships internally and externally. Desired expertize in either Mechanical, Electronic or Electromechanical components.
• Work in multicultural environment
• Work with a remote team and complex internal stakeholders network
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Organization and time management skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset with focus on value creation
• Proactive communication skills
• Fact and analysis-based decision-maker
• Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement
• Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.