You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a New Product Sourcing Manager .You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Represent and lead procurement interaction with cross function teams during new product development and NPI and drive procurement activities that includes: to manage sourcing deliverables, to ensure supply readiness for mass production and on time delivery of new product vs schedule and to manage new product costs from development to mass production.
• To lead early sourcing and supplier selection for new products or components maximizing PMI Preferred Suppliers and Platforms, as feasible and appropriate.
• To formulate sourcing strategies for new products with alignment to PMI cross functional teams from Category, Product Development, NPI Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain. Inputs from EMS shall be assessed and considered as appropriate. To ensure an efficient and effective supply chain for NPI and mass production.
• To manage new product cost from development to mass production. This include negotiation with suppliers on part level unit prices, NRE costs for development or mass production capacity; overall management of product level BOM cost and NRE spend vs cost targets.
• To drive cost reduction activities for new product or component. This include cost improvement via design change, process and quality improvement, etc.
• To plan and manage new product customized component capacity and ensure readiness in time to meet mass production forecast and capacity targets. Capacity management include planning, activation, monitoring and issue resolution for customized tools, automation, jig or fixtures, etc.
• To identify and manage new product risks. Lead problem solving to resolve mass production blocking issues.
• To execute procurement activities on a timely basis for new product introductions, manage sourcing deliverables and ensure supply readiness for mass production, and on time delivery of new product vs schedule.
• To represent and lead Procurement interaction with cross function teams during new product development and introduction.
• To report new product progress and status to PMI Procurement Management on a bi-weekly basis, or as required.
• To participate in developing and standardizing NPS processes and contribute to continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Degree in related discipline preferably Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of relevant procurement experience. Experience in new product sourcing will be an added advantage.
• Required experience in mechanical component sourcing including exposure to tooling management.
• Experience in electromechanical & electronics components will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in new product development process and project management
• Experience working on hand-held electronics products will be an added advantage
• Experience in contract management will be an added advantage
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Ability to work independently while keeping management informed.
• Proactive & result oriented with strong problem solving skills.
• Preferred experience working in matrix organization in a multi-cultural environment
• Possessed strong analytical & negotiation skills
• Team player with strong leadership capabilities
• Good verbal & written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal & negotiation skills.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.