Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of August 2019? Then apply now! We are looking for you!
Intern RRP Tobacco Processing Equipment
You should have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering or related area
• Strong analytical and quantitative mindset with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to gain insights;
• Good understanding of data, ability to process raw data and derive insights from data analysis;
• Ability to explain complex research in easy language;
• Self-starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new tools and technologies;
• Previous knowledge/experience in process engineering;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English;
• Ability to travel in Europe
You will join Manufacturing Solutions and work in close collaboration with Operations Central functions and our RRP factories in Philip Morris International. This team will be acting as the driver for any tobacco processing equipment. You'll be working together with a mix of talents in engineering, science, technology, QA and Planning.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Participate in managing the RRP tobacco waste dashboard for all PMI factories;
• Support team in analyzing factory data, prepare conclusions and make recommendations
• Write regular reports on root cause analysis and how it can help to improve waste reduction;
• Apply engineering processing knowledge to improve the current performance;
• Manage a small waste reduction project autonomously from process mapping to final report;
• Join regular progress review meetings and present findings and results
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.