Are you inquisitive and self-driven? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? If the answer is yes, ja, oui or igen, then we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit an action-oriented problem solver with a degree in biomedical sciences, chemistry, biotechnology or equivalent with more than 3 years’ of strong experience in HPLC, GC, LC-MSMS & GC-MSMS, and basic knowledge in flow cytometry and/or clinical chemistry and hematology analyses. You should also be experienced in the area of assay development & validation, and have good knowledge of OECD GLP guidelines and AAALAC principles.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Philip Morris International Research Laboratories Pte Ltd is seeking a talented individual to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and performing routine and non-routine activities in the bioanalytical aspects of the experimental studies in accordance with pertinent guidelines and highest scientific standards. This includes development of assays and methods, hands on participation of their operation, resources monitoring and implementation of the study plan timeline. You are also responsible for checking, evaluating and reporting the resulting raw data to ensure that they are accordance with pertinent guidelines
• Plan and coordinate activities on clearly defined programs, and track progress in relation to timelines/ time table. Implement and develop experimental methods and techniques based on the upcoming needs of the studies. Formulate short & simple runs, and establish the methods/techniques to meet high scientific standards, and act as the primary subject matter expert in these techniques.
• Plan and coordinate daily work planning within bioanalytics and organizational levels, to organize the practical aspects of additional measurements in the study. Be the main point-of-contact for in vivo studies, and lead the resource monitoring and scheduling.
• Produce quality results within the required time frame, as well as analyze study related data/reports by applying scientific and technical principles and draw basic conclusions. Review routine data, monitor and escalate deviations. Identify and troubleshoot and resolve issue / problem / gap in processes to improve operational efficiency.
• Coordinate and participate in several study-based activities within own team, perform daily routine measurements and coordinate analyses for non-routine measurements on equipment / systems for all studies as needed and act as the Subject Matter Expert. Participate and contribute in risk assessments. Plan, develop and coordinate qualification/validation set-up of new analytical endpoints and equipment. Able to configure complex systems.
• Monitor and review the purchases of consumables and status of purchase orders. Write business cases for new equipment.
• Manage and troubleshoot existing equipment and ensure adequate maintenance. Manage updated training needs and develop plans to ensure that available manpower and resources are sufficiently trained to execute studies, including provision of on-the-job training of technical skills to the technicians. Be the system/process owner.
• Prepare simple technical reports. Develop and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WKIs). Review SOPs and WKI in a timely manner to ensure that procedures are updated.
• Take up additional specialist tasks in other areas and perform cross functional activities.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services, and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
GOT SOMEONE IN MIND?
If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, please submit your application online by 31 July 2019. Only candidates who fit the hiring requirements will be contacted. The successful candidate will be hired on the local employment terms and conditions in Singapore.