We foster curiosity and personal ambition. The more you learn, the more you progress – and so do we as a Company. That is why we invest in you and in your development. So come take part of the biggest shift in our history. Step out of your comfort zone. Meet different cultures and personalities every single day. Build a diverse and international network. Be part of something big.
We are looking for a:
Budget & Reporting Analyst Intern
If you are also a fast learner, result-oriented, good at dealing with challenges, then you are the one! We want you for our internship in Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal based in Dakar.
As an intern in our department, you will team up with the Budget & Reporting Analyst Manager to:
• Prepare and submit timely reporting to headquarter the Income Statement (Volume, Costs, OCI) and miscellaneous financials reports on a monthly basis.
• Produce to Budget Owners monthly reports comparing actual results with budget, in order to support management in its control function in the most effective way.
• Prepare and distribute Original Budget and Rolling Forecast Books to management and area managers.
• Provide analysis and explanations whenever necessary.
• Collect and prepare necessary information required for budget preparation.
• Preparation of budget, rolling forecast and others specific reports according to PMI requirements.
• Monitor and control monthly variance analysis and periodic forecasts.
• Perform quality inputs based on approved forecasts & GMRB reconciliation analysis
• Ensure good functioning of budget system (marketing & overheads commitments).
• Provide actuals versus forecast analysis by cost center and ensure that spending is well controlled by each cost center responsible. Give early warning signals to management in case of potential overrun.
• Ensure coherence of Budget supporting documentation and accuracy of inputs into SAP accounting system.
• Continue to develop and improve the approach to budgeting by individual cost center.
• Ensure accurate booking of actual expenses against budget.
• College/University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Statistics
• Experience in Planning/ Finance/Accounting
• Strong. Skills in Excel
• Proficient with other Microsoft Office Products
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
• Solid analytical skills for identifying patterns and trends to use in process improvement recommendations
• Ability to work cross functionally with all different departments
• Strong business sense and appreciation for confidentiality in sensitive situations
What we offer
• Internship opportunity of 6 months.
• Financial compensation during the internship.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.