Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Scientist – Proteomics
With the following requirements:
• PhD degree in a relevant field
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in a scientific laboratory setting
• In-depth understanding of common proteomics approaches
• Good command of Orbitrap analyzer-based instruments
• Practical knowledge in processing and analysis of isobaric tag-labelled samples
• Experience in data-independent analysis and targeted approaches (MRM and PRM)
• Expertise in automated sample processing
• Previous experience in GLP or other regulated environment is a plus
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Good command of the Microsoft Office applications
If you are also experienced in dealing with deadlines and working as part of a team, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Proteomics & Lipidomics team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Scientist - Proteomics you will be responsible for working on in vitro, in vivo and clinical sample extraction, processing and analysis of proteins using mass spectrometry techniques. Furthermore, you will be acting as subject-matter expert to the experimental design of studies. You will also be publishing the results of your analyses in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presenting at international conferences and thereby contributing to the scientific credibility of PMI R&D.
• Perform Mass Spectrometry-based analyses of samples from in-vitro, in-vivo, and clinical studies and organize the laboratory activity in cooperation with the laboratory manager
• Act as Subject Matter Expert in Mass Spectrometry-based techniques, by assisting in the design of studies, the writing of study plans, study reports and manuscript publications
• Act as Analytical Project Manager, according to WHO Good Clinical Laboratory Practice to ensure that study conduction and reporting is in compliance with ICH Good Clinical Practice
• Hold the responsibility of improving the current methodologies and developing new techniques according to the management needs
• Contribute to the assurance of the instruments and methods validity, following QMS procedures, including the writing of Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and quality-related documentation
• Present projects from PMI R&D research at international conferences and R&D events
• Supervise laboratory technicians and establish that team members have the competencies, tools & training to consistently deliver, as well as the effective succession planning within the team
• Ensure that the lab personnel follows the Environmental Hygiene and Safety (EHS) rules in the proteomics laboratories
Why work for us?
1) We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3) We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.