Purpose of the Position:
Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programs.
Reporting the Head of Digital Experience, Mgr. SEO & Digital Experience Content is responsible for planning and execution of all Digital Owned Media contents. This includes commercial and consumer experience contents for eCommerce, our brand and corporate Websites, Loyalty web site, Mobile Sites, Digital Experience in Stores, Owned Social Media and Chat, Digital content in owned channels, SEO and Testing. Constantly looking at ways to improve our contents to encourage more visitors to find, explore, experience and buy.
Deliver our Smoke Free Future, Reduced Risk Products, Conventional Products (where appropriate) and Corporate positioning. Work with Marketing & External Affairs functions for the development of all Digital content across Digital Owned Media (Visual Design, Copy, Video, Interactives) and Ecommerce & Experience Design team for user experience. Inspire innovation across our Owned Media activities, oversee Digital Creative Agency relationships and deliver reporting, analytics, insight and optimizations plan across all owned media.
- Develop, manage, enhance, and deliver contents for all digital owned media channels experiences, including but not limited to web, mobile, ecommerce, SEO, owned social, digital shopper and digital out of home - which constitute all our digital destinations and capabilities. Leverage on expertise in information architecture, Digital Content (in partnership with Marketing), Service Design (in partnership with Consumer Platforms & Delivery team), Development (with support from our digital agencies), Testing, Deployment and Measurement/ Insight / Reporting. Display and utilize strong understanding of importance of personalization, programmable owned media, and performance marketing.
- Partner with other digital marketing leads within Digital & IS department to deliver tactical initiatives through Digital Owned Media, in support of the business' digital strategy and commercial objectives. Collaborate closely with Ecommerce and Digital Experience Design team to plan, develop and deploy the right messages to our target audience across our owned digital assets. Deliver audience understanding and engagement of our Reduced Risk Product category, Smoke Free Future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of PMI as an organization and employer.
- As an experienced digital media subject matter expert, drive SEO performance and consideration of our products, services, and mission through the effective delivery of content in Digital Owned Media. This includes: organic search optimization and ROI maximization; conducting research to guide content teams; development and optimization of high engagement contents for our digital owned assets; review and analysis of traffic, issues and other SEO aspects and recommend solutions; working with advertising teams to optimize campaigns. Keep abreast of SEO and digital integrated marketing trends. Inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators. Engage with digital partners and suppliers to support our goals.
- Manage and mentor all members of the SEO and Digital Experience Content team, to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, program and commercial objectives. Ensure the SEO and Digital Experience Content team has, and inspire them to create, the space to deliver the most effective output and results. Work closely with teams throughout PMJ to ensure good work/practice is put in place, highlighted and shared.
- Work with the Digital global SEO team and other Global functions to deploy global assets locally, as well as brief local needs and share locally envisaged campaigns and assets to global teams. Work across other parts of the global team including IS, RRP, Brand and Marketing to ensure sharing of digital owned media learnings, assets and capabilities.
- Embed new ways of working in partnership with other functions to ensure all new programs and projects follow a structured methodology. Purpose being to effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization for our digital owned media activities.
- Plan and deliver always on enhancement and optimization, and promotional programs and campaigns, across all our owned media. Working in partnership with all Digital and IS functions to ensure a combination of design, content and functionality.
- Proven 6 years or more of experience as SEO Manager, SEM Manager or similar role, planning and implementing a successful SEO strategy, web analytics, within an agency or client side.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of planning and delivering contents strategy to achieve great user experience and innovation in Digital Owned Media.
- A strategic and implementation knowledge of digital owned media channels and technologies.
- Must able to demonstrate delivering projects in each of these areas.