You can help shape and transform our business moving towards a smoke-free future. We’re building Philip Morris International’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking. Our vision—for all of us at PMI—is that these products will one day replace cigarettes.This urgent mission requires a team of great business owners.
We look for leading personalities that transform our trade approach in collaboration with Key Accounts. We want to strengthen our commercial team with an experienced Key Account Manager. You put consumers at the core. You value logistics and commercial finance. You contribute significantly to the development of our smoke-free products that are a much better choice for smokers in close collaboration with our trade partners. In other words … we are looking for a Key Account Manager to help us build a smoke-free future. Still interested? Then please continue reading and see whether you could be our new colleague.
The position is based in The Netherlands and as Key Account Manager Direct Customers you will report to the Manager Business Development & Key Accounts NL. You will be accountable for supply focused Key Accounts, including wholesalers, distributors, buying organizations and potentially e-commerce customers. Collaboration with our existing direct customers, ensuring an efficient, high profit route-to-market for our portfolio of tobacco products is key. In addition, you will take the leading role in setting up a new logistic structure with both existing and possibly new direct customers for our portfolio of electronic based smoke-free products, including a wide range of accessories.
Read further if you want to learn what the main responsibilities of the role are:
• Contributing to the development of the overall trade strategy and translating the commercial objectives towards the portfolio of Key Accounts (direct customers);
• Implementing the integrated trade strategy through close teamwork with colleague Key Account Managers;
• Taking a guiding role in exploring and building innovative logistic structures across the full supply chain for the innovative smoke-free product portfolio, including potential new distributors and e-commerce customers;
• Developing and negotiating margin structures for tobacco and electronic & accessories portfolio in close collaboration with our Finance Department;
• Driving Key Account activation initiatives for new product launches, retail oriented promotional activities and trade engagement programs;
• Preparing and negotiating plans per Key Account and initiating new ideas and experiments based on consumer & trade partner insights and market data;
• Aligning with internal cross-functional colleagues as well as external Key Account business partners to build strong networks within and outside the company;
• Being responsible for appointed budget & resources.
You would be a matching candidate if you recognize yourself in below profile:
- You have earned a Bachelor`s or Master’s Degree and like to think conceptually;
- You have a strong commercial track record with 8+ years of experience in external trade party negotiations;
- Ideally you have 5+ years of Key Account Management experience with emphasis on consumer goods, logistics & commercial finance;
- An important asset could be your expertise in electronic consumer goods, logistic processes, supply chain and/or e-commerce;
- You have demonstrated ability to manage financial processes and budgets;
- You are passionate about generating creative ideas and implementing them;
- You are known as a people person and strong team player;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- You are willing to travel within The Netherlands and occasionally towards our Benelux headquarters in Antwerp
As Key Account Manager you will never stop exploring and discovering. This position will advance your experience in top trade partner negotiations, new business trade structures, market deployment of Reduced Risk Products, commercial finance and cross-functional collaboration. Backed by a competitive salary, you will work together with a passionate team and in a professional setting with customers from a diverse set of companies.
So, if you love the challenges and opportunities of a fast-paced team environment combined with an established company in full transformation, then you could be reading the vacancy that suits you perfectly!
One more thing: our development culture and the interesting career opportunities towards more senior commercial management functions or cross-functionally on a local, Benelux and international level are an integral part of our success-driven culture.
How does this sound?
If you are interested, please upload your CV and motivation letter trough the apply now button.