Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Engineer, you will be part of our Industrialization HUB department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Industrialization HUB. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to coordinate with minimum supervision the projects aiming to process development or technical alternatives in order to meet the technical and business needs as well as objectives, including the safety, quality, and productivity goals by involving the right SMEs, teams.
In your role, you will be responsible for leading and executing formal performance assessment of each manufacturing platform, in order develop in depth root-cause analyses of every stop and performance issue with the objective to identify remaining technology weaknesses. The performance assessment can take place in any of the PMI affiliates around the world, with possibility of frequent business trips.
Finally, the Engineer will contribute to the Industrialization of new and existing manufacturing processes in collaboration with OEMs and other PMI entities.
Specific responsibilities include
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, Environment, Health and Safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
• Support the development of concepts for product, process and manufacturing applications enhancements, technical alternatives, designs, standards, test and evaluation plans under low level supervision through reviewing technical trends and best practices to support the product portfolio and for meeting the PMI technical needs and business objectives including the safety, quality, and productivity goals of defined project.
• Apply proven scientific / engineering principles and practices with supervision and collaborate with relevant internal and external colleagues to analyze/enhance controls systems, manufacturing applications, processes and products to perform more complex system & product improvements while respecting PMI standards/compliance.
• Track project progress/status per the identified plan activities and recommend revisions to the timetable and resource requirements to ensure all assigned projects are maintained on schedule and within the budget requirements, and provide timely updates to the project accountable.
• Produce and review documentation with supervision, for accuracy and completeness that describes a new product or manufacturing process, including all pertinent information for legal or compliance purposes, to ensure a complete compilation of the project records in preparation for the project closure.
• Contribute to a continued collaboration across PMI production facilities, affiliates, vendors, external resources and other appropriate disciplines to generate innovative technical solutions and ideas while simultaneously building & maintaining a state-of-the-art level of technical knowledge and expertise for addressing existing/future affiliate issues and concerns; and the efficiency of new projects/initiatives.
• Coordinate and lead the activities and work tasks of operators, technicians, mechanics, less experienced professionals and contractors in situations where a higher level of project/process expertise is required to ensure the production quality, facility performance and business objectives are achieved.
• Contribute to the evolution of the role towards a Project Based Organization and Industrialization of new platforms.
• Contribute to the integration of the assessment methodology within the Open+ pillars.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Chemical Sciences, Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical/Material/Industrial Engineering or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience.
• Deep knowledge of RRP/Conventional Tobacco manufacturing process.
• Quality Management System knowledge.
• Project Management knowledge.
• Strong analytical skills, comfort around higher management and presentation skills.
• IT skills and experience with MS Office Package, especially with Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
• Former experience in the Prototyping/Industrialization of new platforms.
• Proven six sigma experience (i.e. Green Belt Six Sigma certification).
• Proven World Class Manufacturing methodology experience is a plus.
• Fluent in English written and spoken
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to local
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).