Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Physical Method Development Scientist
We don’t just want any Physical Method Development Scientist, here is our checklist:
- Master's or PhD in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or any related area
- 5-8 years of meaningful experience in the field; experience in laboratory environment and in standards applied in laboratories (ISO 17025). Experience in method validation is also necessary.
- Experience in techniques to evaluate the physical properties of materials (strength, electrical, magnetic, imaging, leakage etc.), and in method development on related equipment (such as Instron, RayPM EyeQ, Skyscan Bruker, Buchi, MicroVu or equivalent)
- Experience in scientific reports writing
- Fluency in French and English
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office tools, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), and Electronic Data/Document Management System
- Strong analytical and learning capability, as well as productive work habits, creative thinking and quality orientation
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback from different partners and management, and you love operating in a changing environment, then you are the one we want for our Method Development team within Testing Laboratories and Governance, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Physical Method Development Scientist, you will contribute and participate to the development and validation of physical laboratory procedures used to characterize physical/mechanical/electrical properties of materials/components/consumables used in Reduced Risk Products.
- Lead methodology development/optimization/validation projects
- Craft and validate physical lab procedures, according to internal processes
- Evaluate method development requests and ensure the ones implemented are fit for purpose
- Plan and organize projects in collaboration with laboratory supervisors by providing detailed schedule about required resources and timelines
- Provide technical support to laboratory technicians to ensure timely and accurate release of data during the development/validation process
- Generate relevant documents related to validation process (validation protocol, validation report and development report)
- Apply in-depth data analysis to ensure assessment plan integrity (Design of Experiment)
- Propose and implement ideas to continuously improve quality and efficiency
- Collaborate with Testing Engineering team, in charge of developing new equipment for methodologies needed, when required
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers within PMI and act as subject matter expert for knowledge and method transfer to affiliates’ laboratories
- Potentially, supervise scientists for short-term contracts working on development/optimization/validation projects in the same field of expertise
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an equal opportunity employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.