At PMI, we are undergoing the biggest transformation in our company’s history. We’ve made the bold decision to do something really big – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products we are developing and selling.
As part of this transformation journey, we are implementing the 4th industrial revolution globally, embracing the latest technologies to shape how we will see a digital factory in the future.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Manager New Substrates Technology to join our Substrates Engineering Solutions Team in the Manufacturing Solutions function, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
You will be joining a passionate community of engineers that drive agility, efficiency and leverage technology proficiency to deliver breakthrough solutions to contribute to the transformation of PMI.
In this role, you will implement efficient and effective manufacturing technologies to process raw materials (substrates) for new products, in line with business needs and lean practices.
If that resonates with you, we would love to hear from you.
• Solid knowledge and experience in engineering processes and manufacturing, preferably in food or pharmaceutical industry
• Proven track record in equipment specification and qualification processes. Ability to translate process requirements into technology standards
• Highly skilled and experienced in leading complex projects, from process development to industrialization, including equipment design, testing, acceptance and qualification
• Strong ability to build and lead effective teams
• You will work closely with our product & process development teams to implement efficient and effective processing solutions for new products
• Build capabilities and know-how for industrialization of new processes and equipment qualification under a regulated environment
• Identify and on-board effective OEMs for industrialization of new technologies
• Anticipate and address possible impact to manufacturing performance at early stages in the industrialization of new technologies
• Develop business justifications, risk analysis, scope and resource requirements for decision-making
• Define the scope of projects, the key success factors and obtain the necessary approvals
• Lead all stages of assigned projects and coordinate the activities of multi-disciplinary or cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of the identified project scope and objectives
• Develop, lead, motivate and guide the team to ensure the objectives are continuously met. Improve the performance of the team by setting clear objectives, reviewing achievements, coaching, assessing training needs and providing development opportunities
• Act as a role model in compliance management by carrying out all of the accountabilities in a legal and ethical manner and in line with PMI compliance
• University degree in Chemical Engineering or similar fields, preferably with post-graduation
• Eager to understand the product and process fundamental science and able to apply this knowledge into practical applications
• Quick learner with a pragmatic, analytical and autonomous mindset
• Strong problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with proven leadership skills
• You have excellent interpersonal and feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Ability to travel regularly to our manufacturing sites and suppliers
• Fluent English is a requirement
About Philip Morris international:
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future Philip Morris International. (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders.
PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke.
Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements.
PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand.
For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25EFTA citizenship is required for this position.