Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 3-month challenge starting as of July 2019? Then apply now! We are looking for you!
Intern Electronic Laboratory Technician
You should have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Electronic, Computer science or related area
• Ability to quickly integrate a team in place;
• Good understanding of data, ability to manipulate raw data and derive insights from data analysis;
• Ability to understand quickly complex research and design;
• Autonomous, methodologic and rigorous;
• Previous knowledge/experience in electronic laboratory a plus;
• Previous knowledge/experience with Word/Excel;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and French.
You will join and work in close collaboration with our firmware development, design verification team in Philip Morris International in Neuchatel and external partners. This team acts in the development and validation of the next evolution of IQOS products. You'll be working with young and dynamic people in a high technology environment.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Design experiences to cover all possible use cases;
• Conduct experiences on existing electronic devices;
• Work with climatic chamber;
• Understand and interpret data captured;
• Write short report on experiences done;
• Exchange information with external partners.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.