Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Process Control Engineer
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Process Control Engineer, you will be part of Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will be reporting to the Supervisor Technical Services Log & Systems. The position will be based in Crespellano, BO.
A key responsibility will be control all activities related to electric, electronics, equipment process control and communication in order to ensure that maintenance, modifications and improvements of the installations are implemented at best cost and specified quality through the data analysis and tool maintenance.
In your role, you will ensure continuous, trouble free operation of automated equipment, including all support systems in compliance with applicable standards and procedures.
Finally, Process Control Engineer will be responsible to keep updated and integrate the new PMI requirements related to process control, recommend corrective actions and projects to increase productivity, efficiency of materials usage, quality and safety standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop new reports in order to optimize the process control.
• Optimize the process control by ensuring proper procedures for adjustments and calibration.
• Identify compatible devices (by replacing the obsolete ones) with proper characteristics in order to match the process control requirements.
• Consult the suppliers in order to clarify particular technical points concerning installations and devices control.
• Analyze the most frequent causes of breakdowns, wastes, out of specs products and recommend corrective actions/solutions in order to contribute to overall productivity and quality improvement.
• Coordinate activities related to electric, electronics, equipment process control installation and modification of production equipment. Update the technical documentation with latest modification or improvements.
• Support qualification-validation verification testing following changes or upgrades and support adherence to all relevant Computerized Systems validation procedures and rules.
• Train and assist users for supervision/operating systems. Ensure continuous technical support to production personnel to provide optimum operating conditions of process control & supervision system related to production equipment and provide coaching for electronics technicians.
• Initiate technical development and / or lead / participate in projects in order to improve safety conditions, quality and more effective use of equipment, spare parts and materials.
• Find technical solution, implement and monitor proposed improvements related to equipment. Actively participate in continuous improvements decision process.
• Maintain communication within and with relevant departments in order to find the most timely and cost effective solutions.
• Coordinate sharing of information about process control, improvement activities, the trainings of new methods and PM affiliates’ best practices.
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
• Ensure integral conformity with relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures and achieve the objectives established during the annual performance evaluation process. Responsible for the completion of his own individual training plan and complies with the requirements established in the Qualification Matrix
Requirements & Skills:
• University Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• You will possess a minimum of 3-year successful experience in an industrial / operational environment.
• You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Knowledge in Computer technologies, Database, system & structure, distributed systems, Cyber-physical systems, Operating systems, basic computer programming languages.
• Experience in analyze key performance indicators.
• Ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Fluency in English and Italian are required.
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).