You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Development Engineer .You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Manage devices mechanics development aspects to meet the agreed product functional requirements and international certifications. Develop roadmaps for critical mechanical components and mechanical device architecture. Contribute to processes and tools improvements dedicated to development of Reduced Risked Product (RRP) devices.
• Deliver technical expertise on mechanical development to support the roadmap of RRP devices development.
• Develop critical mechanical components roadmaps covering the different RRP devices platforms in collaboration with the different stakeholders.
• Supervise mechanical detailed design of RRP devices in collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Supervise engineering validation testing of the mechanics in collaboration with DV team and external partners.
• Support and assess external parties which are mandated for RRP devices development and manufacturing.
• Build and manage effective partnerships and relationship with external companies to extend mechanical design.
• Support processes and tools improvement dedicated to the development of RRP devices.
• Respect PMI Compliance Policies, standards and laws and ensure that external partners respect them as well.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience product related mechanical design experience in consumer electronics.
• Experience in manufacturing processes of plastic and metal parts
• Experience in large scale manufacturing of mechanical parts
• Experience in high performance materials (like polymers or ceramics)
• Experience in managing/collaboration with external development partners
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Has an open and enquiring mind with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines
• Creative individual, able to work independently whilst being a core team member
• Able to challenge direct reports, peers and senior management
• Structured approach to rationalize and develop process, tools and resources from both internal and external partners.
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decisions taken on the basis of objective data
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMI Science (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.