Are you passionate about our business and would like to extend your business acumen? Are you an excellent communicator with exceptional legal, analytical and planning skills, solution driven and multitasking? Do you want to make a difference in our organization and contribute to building something new? Are you interested in weaving your legal and international business knowledge? If the answer is yes to all these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Law Department in Philip Morris Misr LLC (the “Company”). A law degree with strong academic credentials, admitted to the Egyptian bar and from 5 to 8 years of professional experience with corporate or commercial law in law firms or corporations in an international business environment, with a substantial portion of it, in Egypt. We are looking for a motivated individual who understands business objectives, thinks through the practical implications, and anticipates future business and legal needs. Spots legal issues and knows when and how to elevate them, applies legal knowledge clearly and precisely as well as excellent communication skills in English and Arabic. And finally able to translate legal considerations into concise business language.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
As Legal Counsel, you will be assisting the Company in working to reach business objectives in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, regulations and internal policies of Philip Morris International Inc. (“PMI”) Principles & Practices (“PMI P&Ps”). The Counsel role assists Senior Counsel, Egypt & Levant in advising on the day to day activities of the business as well as issues arising out of PMI relationships with its business partners and third parties and offers potential development opportunities in the Senior Counsel, Egypt & Levant position.
More specifically you will:
- Advise departments of the Company on legal matters. Within your authority, check and approve the documents submitted for review for compliance with the local laws and regulations, PMI P&Ps and consider the Company's interests.
- Provide the management with timely, accurate and constructive advice while ensuring prompt communication to, and co-ordination of legal matters with, Senior Counsel, Egypt & Levant and the MEA & DF Law Department.
- Assist in identifying, planning, structuring, negotiating and drafting business development or corporate restructuring projects. Participate on project teams, ensuring that their decisions and recommendations protect the legal interests of the Company and execute decisions to achieve objectives in a timely manner.
- Initiate the drafting or review of contracts, amendments and other documentation when necessary; ensure that all contracts and agreements executed protect the Company’s interest, support its plans and are in compliance with applicable laws as well as with PMI P&Ps relating thereto.
- Handle all labor matters, corporate compliance, social security, Company’s by-laws and other HR-related affairs.
- Provide diligent advice on customs, taxation, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, competition, tobacco laws and regulations, insurance, licensing, packaging and labelling, data privacy, consumer protection, products specifications and company laws.
- Prepare legal opinions with respect to claims submitted to the Company and prepare claims to suppliers or any third party in breach of its obligations towards the Company.
- Assist the management and market functions in interacting with the relevant authorities to ensure efficient and timely management of various key processes.
- Conduct risk assessments for compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and PMI’s P&Ps.
- Prepare comprehensive legal training materials, for Company's employees, in relation to PMI’s P&Ps, code-of-conduct, compliance, anti-corruption & anti-bribery laws, IP rights and competition. In addition to conducting same at Company’s premises when needed and upon Company’s request.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our organization offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take the concept of on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services, and processes, together with a competitive salary and compensation package, you will have the opportunity to interact with some of the best minds in the business, learn from them and add value.