Purpose of the Position:
Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, and forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programs.
Reporting to Head of Digital Activation, the Digital Activation Manager is responsible for the management and output of the Digital projects that have been assigned. Acting as Digital Business partners to the rest of PMJ, the Digital Activation Manager is responsible for
- Planning and ensuring the successful delivery of Digital activities for our audiences.
- Create digital experiences that drive actions (acquisition, retention, advocacy, referral, etc).
- Partner with other Digital departments (Advertising, Experience and Loyalty) and IS departments (Product Management, Solutions Delivery, Platform Operation) , in collaboration with all other business functions
- Plan, design and ensure the delivery of innovative, impactful and successful digital communications initiatives and engagement programs across POE.
- Deliver our Smoke Free Future, Reduced Risk Products, Conventional Products (where appropriate), Corporate positioning and Employer Brand.
- Lead the creation of consumer insight generated by digital media, and digital content strategy to ensure a connected and unified Digital experience across all touchpoints. This includes: Paid Media (Display, Social, Video, Mobile, Search, DOOH, amplification), Owned media (websites / mobile / apps / eCommerce / SEO / Digital Shopper Marketing / Digital Owned Social accounts), Earned Media (Advocacy / RM / Listening / Community Management).
- Inspire and support innovation across our Digital Media activities, with relevant help from our Digital Agency Partners. Deliver cross channel insight and optimization recommendations across all digital media.
- Responsible for business interface and defining, in partnership with the other Digital Managers, the overall intention and plan for our digital programs, projects and capabilities, delivered through Digital POE media.
Drive execution of these programs within digital channels, which include but are not limited to: > digital paid (advertising) media - display, social, search, mobile, video, innovation), digital influencers, DOOH, digital paid performance, data and optimization; > digital owned (experience) media - web, mobile, ecommerce, SEO, owned social, digital shopper and digital out of home, destination traffic / performance optimization and analytics; > digital earned (loyalty) media - RM, social advocacy, listening, community management, optimization and reporting. Be a catalyst to deliver our digital objectives across targeted PMI audience - consumers, retailers, corporate affairs, talent and internal.
- As an integrated digital business partner and subject matter expert, present critical thinking and lead tactical activities that deliver the business strategies and commercial objectives across Digital landscape. Deliver audience understanding of and engagement to our Reduced Risk Product category, Smoke Free Future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement including conventional products, as well as understanding of PMI as an organization and employer.
- Drive activation of our consumers and other audiences through the effective and innovative delivery of experiences via POE digital media, including Digital Experience Design, Digital Content Strategy and Consumer Insight, for both branded and unbranded campaigns. As an experienced digital media subject matter expert, deliver Digital POE Media expertise to the business, and inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators. Engage with digital partners and suppliers to support our goals.
- Share and connect with all members of the Digital Activation department, to ensure integrated digital strategies, program and commercial objectives.
- Collaborate with the Digital Team and other Global functions for local deployment of all global digital POE assets, and sharing of PMJ's digital needs and locally envisaged campaigns and assets to global teams for alignment. Work with all functions to ensure sharing of digital media learnings, consumer insights, to both report on and inform optimization for digital media campaigns.
- Embed new ways of working in partnership with other functions to ensure all new programs and projects follow a structured methodology. Purpose being to effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization.
- Deliver always on enhancement and optimization, as well as whole new programs of new capabilities, across all our digital media. Working in partnership with all functions to ensure a combination of design, content and functionality, aligned to and reflective of our brand, commercial and digital objectives.
- A proven background managing digital programs and platforms in digital channels gained within an agency or client side. Previously worked as part of a digital department with at least 6 years of experience working in Digital Creative and/or Digital Media agencies and/or client side digital experience. Demonstrable knowledge of a combination of digital transformation, digital innovation and digital delivery. Understanding of the importance of Digital Project Management, Digital Account Management, Digital Strategy, Digital Media Planning & Buying, Digital Creative, Technology, Digital Insight, Business Analysis and User
Experience Architecture. A strategic and implementation knowledge of digital paid, owned and earned media channels.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience across a combination of: integrated digital consumer journey design, web and mobile site strategy / delivery, creativity and content, Digital Owned Innovation, CMS, and analytics. Digital Media Strategy, Planning & Buying. Digital Media Performance, Social Media Influencers, Advocacy and Relationship Management experience. Worked in partnership with Digital agency to define, design and deliver large scale consumer goods or similar digital campaigns (even better if integrated with traditional media). Core understanding of audience activation and engagement, digital experience design and strategy.