Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As EHS Specialist you will be part of our EHS&S department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the EHS&S Manager. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to develop and implement the environment, health, safety (EHS) systems and programs, in accordance with company Principle and Practices, legal requirements and recognized best practices, in order to prevent injury to employees, damage to the environment, minimize the business impact of foreseeable losses and meet legal and company requirements.
Io will also improve continuously the system based on audit results, incident investigations, business and process changes.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Implement the EHS activities and plans, by giving advice to the managers and supervisors to engage the employees to behave according to EHS policies and procedures and continuously seek to raise the awareness of management, supervisors and employees, in order achieve EHS objectives and targets.
• Develop, implement and monitor the EHS management system and programs, and continually search for improvements to protect people from injury, the environment from damage, the business from unnecessary losses, based on company EHS Principles and Practices and applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure that procedures are accepted, the responsibilities are understood, and the programs are supported.
• Execute a proactive loss prevention program including risk management (identification, assessment, and control), inspections, audits, and emergency planning, by monitoring their implementation, in order to eliminate or reduce health, safety and environmental risks to an acceptable level. Keep abreast with the latest Safety and Environmental regulatory requirement and the latest technology on the prevention, control, in order to give advice and direction to the organization in meeting legal and company requirement. Ensure contractors compliance with EHS legal and PMI mininum requirements.
• Develop and implement EHS training modules, by analysing the training needs, and maintaining training records of employees, contractors and visitors, to ensure they fully understand the EHS aspects of their job and responsibilities. Continuously improve EHS trainings based on feedback and emerging needs.
• Provide timely reporting of EHS performance indicators to factory management, cluster/region and EHS-OC, by ensuring the data is updated and analysed, in order to provide accurate information to the management.
• Participate in EHS projects, by providing clarity on the integration of EHS requirements in the design, construction/installation and commissioning of new and/or revamped buildings, installations, engineering works, machinery, and equipment and monitor the technical certification of all new equipment brought into the factory, in order to eliminate or reduce risks and comply with legal requirements. Coordinate programs to reduce waste and emissions and conserve energy and natural resources, by monitoring and analysing current usage and outputs with relevant departments highlighting areas for improvement, in order to achieve environmental key performance indicators and achieve continual improvement.
• Coordinate the accident investigation, analysis, and reporting and maintain records of all incident/accident information accordingly, in order to allow EHS Department and Management to identify basic causes and take actions to prevent the incident to occur again. Implement and test emergency preparedness program, in order to eliminate or minimize losses due emergency incident (as per PMI definition). Coordinate the accident investigation, analysis, and reporting and maintain records of all incident/accident information accordingly, in order to allow EHS Department and Management to identify basic causes and take actions to prevent the incident to occur again. Implement and test emergency preparedness program, in order to eliminate or minimize losses due emergency incident (as per PMI definition).
• Support the EHS projects on the identification of the needs, weaknesses and/or emerging issues and propose solutions, in order to improve EHS performance and to achieve EHS objectives and targets.
Requirements & Skills:
• College/University degree in Science/Engineering. Major in EHS (Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environment Engineering) subjects is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment with a detailed understanding of legal requirements and applicable standards (e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001).
• Solid and proven experience in technical expertise, specific systems and programs, project management.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills, teamwork and Customer focus. Action orientation, priority setting and strong drive for results.
• Fluent in English and Italian, both written and spoken.
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).