You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit an Senior Reliability Engineer .You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Plan and execute activities for the Design Verification as well as failure investigation activities on Reduced Risk Products (RRP) and relative accessories through the application of scientific or engineering skills and knowledge with special emphasis on product reliability and safety. Your main role will be divided into 5 different areas.
Design Verification (DV):
- Responsible to develop DV master test plan & specific test plans related to your functional area (scopes, schedules); maintain plans, track test execution and resource requirements to ensure that all activities meet the tight deadlines and demonstrate product compliance to Design Input requirements.
- Produce and review technical documents (test specifications, qualification reports, design verification plans…) to enable the product to be effectively transferred to manufacturing.
- Develop state-of-the-art test methods to ensure product robustness, durability, and reliability
- Develop test cases and Design of Experiments (DoE) for functional products characterization in order to ensure products/components meet quality requirements.
- Serve as technical expert for relevant aspects of projects/processes
- Serve as statistical resource to provide thorough understanding of design and/or risk assessments
- Define Critical to Quality Material Attributes (CQMA) and associated test plans.
- Liaise with operation team to agree on Process Control Strategy (e.g. ORT plan).
- Develop test protocols and methodologies to ensure robustness, durability and reliability of products
- Develop robustness, durability and reliability test plan, including climate environment, mechanical environment, safety, Highly Accelerated Life Test and Highly Accelerated Stress Screen (HALT/HASS), cycling tests
- Lead the development of specific test equipment required for robustness, durability and reliability testing
- Liaise with subject matter experts in a timely manner to address any deficiencies or defects found during testing.
- Maintain the defect tracking system and ensuring all fixed defects are properly tested and closed.
- Liaise with operation team and external partners to ensure CAPAs are implemented in timely manner.
- May develop and recommend technical alternatives and design improvements.
- Develop the fault tree for new products ensuring a smooth handover to quality and markets.
- Conduct statistical data analysis to provide design risk assessments
- Perform design risk assessment (design FMEA) of the product in collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Liaise with operation team to transfer design FMEA outcomes for process FMEA.
Quality Management System (QMS):
- Create/maintain Procedures (SOP) related to his/her functional area.
- Assist in best practices (BEP) creation/maintenance.
- Investigate appropriate new technologies to improve existing test methods.
- Liaise with external partners on the technical aspects relating to test equipment.
- Develop test methods for functional products characterization.
- Develop test method validation plan as required.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Master or Bachelor in Electrical / Mechanical / Material Science Engineering, Micro-engineering or Physics (proven track record in reliability testing)
• Minimum 6-10 years’ experience in Reliability Testing and/or Quality Engineering
• Experience in mechanical, material, chemical and climatic reliability testing of consumer electronics devices (shock/drop/vibration tests, environmental Test, ...)
• Experience in safety and reliability assessment of battery operated hand-held consumer devices.
• Experience in consumer product failure analysis (root cause analysis) and defect management of embedded electronic systems.
• Knowledge of industry test standards such as UL, IEC, and ISO...
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Analytical and inquisitive mindset.
• Ability to independently address technical problems where few precedents exist.
• Ability to tailor technical message to various audience
• Well developed interpersonal and communications skills essential for working in multi-functional teams.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMI Science (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.