Are you a motivated Project Manager with strong competence in electronics technologies, solid experience in managing complex, international programs? Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We’re currently looking for:
A passionate individual with:
• A degree in Mechanical, Electronics or Engineering (University, HES / ETS or equivalent) is preferred
• Robust experience in Project Management gained in a complex and international environment
• Proven ability to build a strong partnership and trust with partners (customers and suppliers) and management within an organization
• Strong capacity to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Proven talent in building and maintaining relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
• Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
• Good command of English both written and spoken
If you are also experienced performing under strict deadlines and working in a team, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Product Development Programs team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Project Manager you will manage highly complex and/or strategic product/process/system projects from initial studies to full completion, utilizing and adhering to Project Management best practices to ensure successful completion of projects/programs within the S&I functions. Additionally, you will communicate with customers and stakeholders (including steering committee), internal and external, on an on-going basis to review project scope and provide status updates, coordinate/manage resources (complex projects) and plan, schedule and coordinate project tasks and deliverables. You will also maintain the relationship with external suppliers.
• Understand customer brief and business needs, participate in defining requirements and proposing solutions, and implement the agreed changes to reach the project objectives. Serve as trusted advisor for senior management on project management issues.
• Apply project management, change management, service management methodology and usability practices based on known solutions, applications and best practices assuring adherence to standards. Drive robust and transparent development process, aligned to DUX innovation framework. Ensure stage-gate process adherence with respect to gate deliverables and governance model.
• Manage multicultural and cross-functional project teams, as well as internal and external resources for the activities of each project. Train, direct, coach and motivate the Project Leader in order to share the experience and develop the team. Communicate regularly with the project team, and ensure project status reports and other project information are prepared and shared to keep the project team update on the project phase.
• Contribute to resolution of project related issues by analyzing, identifying and proposing solutions to achieve the project objectives, provide project status reports and other project information to project stakeholders and senior management on a regular basis.
• Allocate and manage resources for assigned projects based on historical information, input from other staff, and general understanding of project tasks; anticipate and mobilize cross functional resources when required (procurement, legal, technology, finance, 3rd party suppliers and consultant, etc.).
• Communicate and develop networking with management and partners (customers, suppliers) to facilitate efficiency in the project rolls out.
• Ensure that project information supplied to management is realistic with respect to cost and timing in order to avoid financing problems and delayed completion; provide accurate and properly scoped data to the successful completion of the project.
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.