Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Lab Analyst you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A.. and will be reporting to the Supervisor Quality Control. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will apply well-defined scientific/technical methods and work instructions to perform routine analyses and technical activities to ensure that all materials, semi-finished and finished products are appropriately measured and monitored for their release.
You will ensure that instruments are calibrated and methods validated for the accuracy, precision and reliability of the analysis. You will also carry out calibration and collaborative test on instruments and materials (Raw Materials, Packaging, Finished Goods and semi finished) in order to monitor the instruments and materials performances. You will ensure the identification and management of identified nonconformities and related corrective & preventive actions and update and create PMI internal methods, procedures and work instructions in order to define, to improve and/or to standardize the Quality related activities. Execute Quality Reports to support the achievements of Quality related objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan and perform sampling, tests and analyses (physical/visual/chemical) on the quality of tobacco, materials, semi-finished and finished products according to applicable procedures and analytical methods. Ensure the integrity and the timely reporting of analysis results in the appropriate system for the execution of certificate of analysis. Verify the complete alignment of material, semi finished and Finished Goods to PMI specifications during standard production and/or during process and new product qualification. Support the analysis of the material, semi finished and Finished Goods in case of approaching expire dates in order to define the possibility of the extension especially concerning the chemical analysis.
- Use, verify and calibrate Quality equipment as per PMI & ISO requirements, in due time, in order to ensure the accuracy of the results. Prepare and maintain logbooks for each equipment according with QMS requirements. Ensure retention samples collection and storage, in complete respect of PMI standards, while assure as well the auditing sample storage.
- Identify, segregate and block all the non-conformities related to material, semi-finished and finished products occurred during laboratory analyses. Investigate and resolve critical deviations, contribute to define disposal actions and when appropriate corrective actions. Provide timely and accurate information regarding products.
- Propose and follow-up quality improvement ideas in production or other processes in Operations. Analyze the information and participate in small projects with influence on product quality. Ensure Change management process is followed in compliance with QMS requirements
- Communicate all useful information for the good flow of Quality processes to concerned colleagues and support teams in order to meet quality and productivity.
- Collect, identify and properly store the retention samples in complete respect of PMI Standards if available. To properly use all recording systems ensuring that they are adequately completed and that the data recorded can be used in any time for the traceability.
Requirements & Skills:
- Professional Technical School (laboratory) or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
- At least 1 year of experience in industrial field (experience in QA is a plus)
- Knowledge of relevant standards (ISO), QA processes. Knowledge on statistical and analytical tools. Ability to transform data into information (reporting skills).
- Ability to learn quickly, interact with teams and colleagues, and to act quickly to solve problems both individually and in team
- Fluent in Italian, good knowledge of English (writing and understanding in particular)
Grade level from: 4 - 6
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Contract Type: temporary (6 months)
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).